• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help for endocrinological examinations for CFS with hypersomnia and immunodepression

Hi, I asked the endocrinologist for the glucagon test , after reading some posts about people diagnosed with CFS/ME having problems not showing with normal endocrinologic tests (TSH, TS3, TS4) (see http://www.investinme.org/Article-650 MECFS PITUITARY AWARENESS.htm ).
He only prescribed (expensive) tests about salivary cortisol at six times and glucose and insulin curve after glucose load.
I would like to know if someone in the forum thinks that these tests would be useful in discovering also a glucagon problem / deficiency or if they are useless.
Thank you very much in advance.

Have a nice day
Fabio

misskatniss

Don´t think so, dear Fabio. But I´d do those tests and if not showing anything I´d ask him again. They often do their standard procedures, indeed. Good luck tough!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I had ltzero luck with 2 endocrinologists. The first one's misdiagnoses and subsequent treatment directly resulted in my getting ME/CFS. The ins was clueless.

Maybe find a different doc who is more open minded?