• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for people who have taken the NutrEval test

juniemarie

I am curious to know if those of you who have taken this test followed the guidelines from the lab which says all supplements and several other medications I take need to be stopped 4 days before the test!
I am afraid to go off some of the stuff I take but then if I dont I may not get accurate results

I am curious to know if those of you who have taken this test followed the guidelines from the lab which says all supplements and several other medications I take need to be stopped 4 days before the test!
I am afraid to go off some of the stuff I take but then if I dont I may not get accurate results
It depends on what you want from the test. If you want a look at the underlying problems you have, then the drugs will make it much harder to figure out if the values are accurate. But if you want to see the effect your regimen is having, you should stay on them.

If it's your first test, you probably want to see what your body is doing, not what the current treatment is doing.