• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ILADS guidelines dissappoint

JalapenoLuv

I had high hopes for ILADS two years ago. I was extremely dissappointed with CFS as a disease because diagnosis was by exclusion and treatments were symptomatic. After reading the alternative ILADS guidelines by a Dr. Burrascano, I fit the category for bartonella like organism (now called bartonella spp.).

I followed his recommendatons for seven months, taking rifampin and levaquin, but all I had to show for my effort was drug resistance. I looked up treatment for bartonella and found out that his recommendations made no sense because he didn't pair the drugs properly.

Conventional guidelines warned that failure to pair the drugs so that two drugs blocked the same molecular pathway would result in rapid development of resistance. However, even when doing this I was never able to clear the organism, though at the end of treatment my anxiety had significantly improved so they were no cure.

I continued to watch the lyme disease discussion boards and the people there take antibiotics for years expecting a different result. I think they are crazy. Antibiotics alone are not effective.

Esther12

I'd be really cautious with a lot of Lyme stuff as there are some dodgy claims and testing about. Unless there's good evidence that something will be helpful for you, I'd avoid doing it. We've all got different preferences though.

JalapenoLuv

I have a health care background so I like to self experiment. There are no cures for CFS so its to my benefit.

JalapenoLuv

I'm testing a new protocol now to see if it is effective which looks good but I won't give out info until I'm certain. So far none of the other ones I've tried work. For bartonella, all the antibiotics do is stop the growth of the organism. Once you stop the antibiotics they return. When people have immune inhibiting organisms (epstein barr virus, bartonella, lyme afzelii) they create reservoirs that make it impossible to be cured with these types of bacteriostatic drugs.

I'll report back later if the new protocol is successful against bartonella + EBV.

Do you have a recommendation for Lyme or co-infections? I don't want to take antibiotics for more than a week, unless it's necessary to improve me.

Yes, I do. Iirc, the Johns Hopkins or Dr Burrascano's PDF re Guidelines, reveals that, if you work the math, 68 days at 100mg x 2/day (200mg daily of Doxycycline) is necessary for a 100% Lyme disease kill rate, based on the two data points, extrapolated into a charting program. In one of these sites, it also states that 600mg daily Doxy is not unusual and 900mg oral Doxycycline is necessary to eliminate Lyme!

In one of the video lectures, iirc, Dr. Zhang(?) was quoted as 72 hours to kills Lyme in vitro.

So, why not 800mg/day for 72 hours? Then, use something else for the "sleeper cells" of Lyme. Will Wiegmann PhD revealed that Lyme sprirochetes shoot off 3 babies each, as they die.

Hi, I just noticed some errors in my post, and I don't see an Edit button, so this "reply" is to correct my errors. My post above is only in resect to Early Stage Lyme Disease.

Re the 72 hours, I don't remember if that was Doxycycline.

Re the "something else" for the sleeper cells aks "persistors of Lyme", iirc Dr. Horowitz and others(?) were using Dapsone(sp?), a drug for leprosy.

However, Dr. Zhang iirc discovered that liquid Stevia, by itself, could kills the sleeper cells (persisters) as well as any drug.

Please correct me if my memory is wrong.

Cheers!