• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do you know what supplements and meds you can mix

I have some questions. Bear with me, I have awful OCD and anxiety...

Is there a one-stop resource that lets you know which supplements you can mix? If you can mix them with medications such as occasional benzos?

I am currently taking cod liver oil , vitamin d, magnesium and rhodiola rosea. I have extreme anxiety and take the occaissonal benzo if I am really bad. Is it ok to mix these?

I am thinking of trying passion flower. Can I mix that with these?

I also have a hard time knowing when I can take things. Can I take passionflower and rhodiola at the same time or space them apart? Take with food or on an empty stomach? Take in the morning or at night?

Can I mix these with inositol if I choose to take that next?

Also... can you just stop taking an adaptogen cold turkey? Can you switch brands "just like that"?

Thank you in advance

Martial

Is there a one-stop resource that lets you know which supplements you can mix? If you can mix them with medications such as occasional benzos?

I am currently taking cod liver oil , vitamin d, magnesium and rhodiola rosea. I have extreme anxiety and take the occaissonal benzo if I am really bad. Is it ok to mix these?

I also have a hard time knowing when I can take things. Can I take passionflower and rhodiola at the same time or space them apart? Take with food or on an empty stomach? Take in the morning or at night?

Also... can you just stop taking an adaptogen cold turkey? Can you switch brands "just like that"?

Thank you in advance

Did you ever get tested for pyuloria? Other then that to be honest no amount of drugs, supplements, etc will pull you out of it. I used to suffer from extreme anxiety for over 5 to 6 years. Had panic attacks that would last hours and even turned a plane around on the terminal run way once. Couldn't leave a certain mile radius of my comfort zone for fear of panic attacks, etc.. Anyways point being I was put on extremely high doses of all kinds of drugs and nothing could kill the anxiety. The only way I got better was taking a cognitive approach and letting go of the fear of it, then letting myself live with it having 100 percent acceptance and living my life. Eventually I fully recovered from it and got off all the drugs I was on with a slow wean. Unfortunately around that time I also contracted lyme disease as I was recovering and for now lost my physical health because of it. Slowly recovering from that now though.

I used a book called "At Last A Life" by Paul David and then practiced everything that I read, along with treating my OCD more head on with a book called "stop your obsessing and compulsions" by Dr. Reid Wilson. It still takes many months to have your sensitized nerves start to calm down even when you can adopt the right attitude, likewise the feelings get more intense once you start breaking down your avoidance habits. That is how it just is and a very up and down process. However anyone can fully recover and I myself am proof of that. I would try and focus more of your time on getting the right attitude to treat it for good, rather then trying to stop symptoms.

p.s. I see you have mthfr comt mutations, just take some methyl b12 and methyl folate for those things, cut out all folic acid from diet and supplements and live a clean lifestyle, other then that you have everything in the right place.

@adreno
Thanks. Unfortunately those don't have what I am looking for on there

@Martial
Thank you. I don't have pyuloria. I am not looking for a magic bullet, just something to help with nerves while i do therapy etc. I had awful withdrawal from benzos and ssri's and I'd rather not take them.

As far as mthfr, i will try to address soon. There was a lot of conflict on what to take and how much.

Thanks

IreneF

Thank you in advance
Here is a site that directs you to other sites:
http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=136

In general, supplements don't seem to have many interactions with each other. Benzos don't mix with alcohol or other drugs that are depressants, such as opioids. The prescribing info and usually the pill bottle will say something like "Do not take with . . ."

If the active ingredients are the same you will get the same results no matter which brand you take.

Benzos and certain SSRIs are notorious for their withdrawal effects. Supplements aren't like that.

Last edited: