• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Curing Chronic fatigue - the role of water and salt..?

barbc56

@MeSci

Wow, that is a scary number. How did you do it?

@BadBadBear

Even though 135 is the low "normal" reading, it has been found that a level 130-134, you can have symptoms. This is now accepted by a lot of the medical community.I can't find the PubMed study but if I do will come back and post it. Under 130 you almost always have symptoms.

Barb

barbc56

@MeSci

:bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

I meant something along the lines of it's amazing you were even breathing with a sodium level of 115.

Hopefully, the twelve hours of sleep I got last night will mean I will not be as foggy today as I was yesterday.:rolleyes:

Barb

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
@MeSci

:bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

I meant something along the lines of it's amazing you were even breathing with a sodium level of 115.

Hopefully, the twelve hours of sleep I got last night will mean I will not be as foggy today as I was yesterday.:rolleyes:

Barb

I did have breathing difficulty due to all my muscles being in spasm, including internal ones.

The paramedics in 2007 clearly adhered to a PACE-type definition of recovery, as it says on their report that my breathing had improved, when my respiratory rate (rapid) was unchanged when they left (as also shown on their report!).

Bansaw

I just tried salt under the tongue. Yuk! Awful. There's no way I can dissolve salt there, just makes me gag. I'll have to dissolve it in water and drink it down followed by something nice tasting.

BadBadBear

It's pretty good mixed up as an electrolyte drink - a glass of water, some lemon or lime, maybe a bit of orange juice concentrate, a bit of stevia or sugar, and then some salt. If my body needs salt, this always tastes really good. :)

xchocoholic

I just tried salt under the tongue. Yuk! Awful. There's no way I can dissolve salt there, just makes me gag. I'll have to dissolve it in water and drink it down followed by something nice tasting.

I've never tried dissolving salt UNDER my tongue. On top works well tho. Fwiw. It will burn the top of my tongue if I use too much at once.

Drinking salted water gives me a stomach ache so this is the way I can get enough sodium to keep my bp up. This is on top of salting my food.

Tc .. x

Sophiedw

I beat you then - blood sodium 115 in 2010. :eek: I was walking - but only just. I suspect that it was the same in 2007 when it was dismissed as a panic attack - the symptoms were the same - and horrendous and terrifying. When the paramedics abandoned me, I genuinely feared that I would die. I have rarely felt more alone and afraid.

Hey MeSci,

What were these symptoms you talk of here?

I've been having mild loss of consciousness and what feels like mild seizures along with weird other neurological feelings the last two days and I wonder if it could be hyponatremia.

I tried drinking salty water but it made the symptoms worse weirdly.

Thanks

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Sophiedw

Took me ages to find this, as I posted it a long time ago, but here it is: Warnings about taking some meds when ill | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums

Hi MeSci, thanks so much for getting back to me and especially as it took you a long tkm to fine your old thread. I have to say sounds like your symptoms are more severe than mine and I am already very concerned about my own presentation of whatever it is that is wrong with me.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Thanks