• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what are protein sources while clearing CBS

Aerose91

I eat ketogenic so I can't do a lot of beans or lentils. Is it ok to supplement with a vegetable based protein powder while clearing cbs? Does protein powder add to the sulphate load?

BadBadBear

Why not eat red meat? It's not supposed to be a bio-available sulfur source, according to Cutler. Cutler also lists a lot of fish that is low thiol. He also lists some nuts and seeds that are OK.

Beans and lentils both contain thiol, BTW, so you are not supposed to have them on a sulfur clearing diet anyway.

What list are you using to figure out what to eat??

Aerose91

I don't eat any beans or lentils, that's why I mentioned that it wouldn't work for me.

I just saw the thiol list the other day so am slightly adapting my diet to fit that (I wasn't far off) I saw the red meat but wasn't sure, I was hoping to get a confirmation on that.

BadBadBear

My doctor also put me on a low sulfur exclusion diet recently, and their list also said I was allowed to eat good quality red meat (ex. grassfed). I think theirs is probably adapted from Yasko's, though. :)