• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I need a ride from San Diego to see Dr. Chia

Jennifer J

Hi. I hope this is the best place to post this. If not, please let me know where would be a better choice. Thank you.

I have a follow up appointment to see Dr. Chia. I can't drive myself and know no one who can give me a ride. Does anyone live in San Diego or close who can give me a ride? Ideally, maybe if you need to see him too, we could set out appointments next to each other. Let me know and we can discuss the details and work out trying to meet first. Thanks.:)

Also, has anyone done a phone consultation with him? I was wondering if seeing him in person would be better than trying to communicate on the phone? And of course the expensive is a major concern - I'm low income.

I appreciate these forums. Thank you everyone for making them possible and for sharing.

Jennifer

Ayaju

Hi @Jennifer J ~

I want so much to help you out as a fellow San Diegan, but when I saw Dr. Chia I needed to be driven because it's such a long drive up and back. I don't know that Dr. Chia does phone consultations. Maybe? It's a follow-up appointment? Perhaps he will do it over the phone for you. I only saw him the one time.

Are you doing his protocol? I chose not to.

Perhaps we can meet for coffee sometime, Judy

Jennifer J

Hi @Jennifer J ~

I want so much to help you out as a fellow San Diegan, but when I saw Dr. Chia I needed to be driven because it's such a long drive up and back. I don't know that Dr. Chia does phone consultations. Maybe? It's a follow-up appointment? Perhaps he will do it over the phone for you. I only saw him the one time.

Are you doing his protocol? I chose not to.

Perhaps we can meet for coffee sometime, Judy

Hi, Judy. Thank you for the message. I wish he was closer and that I could find a doctor of his caliber or with more knowledge in San Diego. Thinking about the phone consultation, I think meeting with him in person will probably be better. Something important was missed in my first appointment that changes everything. Also, the cost of a phone consultation would be hard for me to do.

I really like Dr. Chia and am hoping he can help me.

Yes, thank you that would be nice to meet for coffee if we can. I'm mostly housebound but lets see what we can do.

Enjoy the cooler weekend:).

Jennifer

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer J

Hi, Everyone.

Thank you to all of you that have read my post and wanted to help but couldn't. A nice person is able to and offered to give me a ride. Yay.:)

I hope your day is good or as good as can be. My thoughts are with everyone that is dealing with all that this medical condition brings. Here's to better health.

Jennifer

*GG*

Hi, Everyone.

Thank you to all of you that have read my post and wanted to help but couldn't. A nice person is able to and offered to give me a ride. Yay.:)

I hope your day is good or as good as can be. My thoughts are with everyone that is dealing with all that this medical condition brings. Here's to better health.

Jennifer

@Jennifer J Is that help from your posting on here? Hope so!

GG

*GG*

Hi, GG. No it wasn't from posting here. I was talking to a nice person at an appointment who offered to help me. How great is that!:)

Cool, either way, glad it worked out! That is what usually happens for me, that's why I try not to take the hits to hard, I usually come out alright with most scenarios!

GG