• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituximab sub study: assessment of Flow-Mediated Dilation and skin microcirculation

deleder2k

I'm so excited to try nitroglycerin. It is widely prescribed for heart diseases. Maybe someone has an old mom or grandmother who got it? :) It doesnt last long, but it would have been very interesting to try

Gingergrrl

Dr Goldstein had success with nitroglycerin in *some* patients.
http://www.cfstreatmentguide.com/dr-jay-goldstein-a-z-treatments.html I wish some serious doctor, researcher or government/country would just copy his whole treatment and do some proper trials on ALL his drugs and then make it available *if* they work.

@redrachel76 I have not read his book but did he say which patients nitroglycerin helped and why? Have you tried his protocol? My understanding is that nitroglycerin opens the blood vessels in someone with angina or ischemia (which I may have but still unclear) but on the flip side, if I have low blood volume and take Florinef, isn't this to tighten the blood vessels? It is all very confusing to me!

I never understood his book. No I never tried Nitroglycerin. Maybe if I had been there longer.
I just thought to point out that it has been tried and it does work in *some*.

His theory was that he got a number of drugs that he used off label and they effected the brain and symptoms in CFS patients in a positive way. I never understood the medicine behind it.

@redrachel76 I have not read his book but did he say which patients nitroglycerin helped and why?

jimells

@redrachel76 if I have low blood volume and take Florinef, isn't this to tighten the blood vessels?

No, Florinef is intended to increase blood volume by increasing blood sodium, which then requires more blood volume to "dilute" the sodium. I've been taking it for a few years at the smallest usual dose. It helps quite a bit. If I increase the dose I get bad daily headaches. Not good.

I also drink "sea water" to help increase blood volume. At least, that's the theory. My "seawater" is 1/2 tsp. table salt, 1/2 tsp. "No Salt" potassium, a liter of water, and a little lemon juice. It's similar to what Dr Cheney recommends. Florinef reduces potassium, and I guess it's supposed to be checked once in a while, but doctors aren't very good about following up on stuff like this, esp. since I avoid traveling to doctor's offices as much as possible.