• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

U.S. Government admits Lymes is a Bioweapon...

saint

Rense is kind of an inflammatory website. Not good for ones health.

Lots of offensive/controversial material on there, and a lot of worry and stress.

However, if lyme was created on planet earth..... It's most likely created by legal grey aliens on the 7th level of some underground base. They crashed in Roswell in the 1947 and made a deal with Eisenhower to exchange extra terrestrial technology for allowing them to hang out and do research. :alien:
I don't know what Rense is. People shouldn't stress over information - and we all know there is a ton of misinformation on the web - but there are also whistleblowers - so sorting out the truth is hard.

I thought if anyone here was really in a bad way - as I have been before - maybe some of the Lymes Remedies would work (btw - Lyme could be the singular form/ Lymes the plural - it's irrelevant).

Every person here may not have Lymes, but maybe some do - and it could be a lifeline to them.

SOC

I thought if anyone here was really in a bad way - as I have been before - maybe some of the Lymes Remedies would work (btw - Lyme could be the singular form/ Lymes the plural - it's irrelevant).
Plural of what? What are there multiple of that one would use the plural? It's also not a possessive, as is used for Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Lyme is named after the city of Lyme, Connecticut, hence Lyme Disease, not lymes or Lyme's.
The disease is named after the towns of Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut, US, where a number of cases were identified in 1975.
Lyme disease (Lyme borreliosis) is an infectious disease caused by at least three species of bacteria belonging to the genusBorrelia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease

This is one reason science is trying to eliminate naming things after people and places. It's far too confusing. Lyme Disease is probably better called borreliosis after the pathogen that causes is.

My point earlier was that the author of the original article, whose title you used for this thread, knows so little about the disease that s/he couldn't even get the name right. That's not a sign of solid research behind the article.

ETA: The author also can't distinguish between "is" and "could be used as", which is another red flag of extremely poor quality thinking, research and writing.

saint

Okay - forgive my grammatical error. It was too early in the morning and I felt horrible - still do.

I'm trialing the Samento. Got bad headache and all-over ache. Now don't know if it's an allergic reaction, or it's killing the Lyme (I should make your day! I was grammatically correct! Are you an English teacher btw? - Just joking)

I think I'll go to the Lyme Boards, because people there have had more experience.

SOC

I'm trialing the Samento. Got bad headache and all-over ache. Now don't know if it's an allergic reaction, or it's killing the Lyme (I should make your day! I was grammatically correct! Are you an English teacher btw? - Just joking)
No, I am (was) an engineer, and an engineering, math, and physics instructor. :) My point is less about the grammatical fine points than it is about the lack of quality thinking, research, and writing in the paper quoted starting this thread. One shouldn't take every published piece at face value. Clues like the author's lack of knowledge about the topic in question and inability to distinguish possibility from certainty are important in determining whether to believe what's published.

There are a number of people here at PR taking Samento. They might be able to answer your questions about it. Try using the Google site search on "samento".

saint

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know anyone here was taking Samento. I'm also getting sweats from it & feel generally horrible.

I can't vouch for what information is provided in the link. I am in the midst of researching it now, and you can read it yourself to determine whether you believe the information is valid: http://www.samento.com.ec/sciencelib/medmain.html

Yes, there are people who will state anything to advance their own agenda, sell you something (been through enough of that) or generally put out false information.

It is up to each individual to sort out the truth - and sometimes it's difficult to determine what is reputable or not. Townsend wrote an article on it as well (I thought that source was generally considered reputable- but I don't know).

Wisdom is required to search for the truth. I don't believe everything I read - nor do I outright dismiss claims. It just keeps popping up in my research online.

There is an epidemic of Lyme in our area, so I am concerned for those I care about (as well as the torment I've went through being sick for years). If it is something that is a nightmare experiment on people and animals - then people should get mad.

I'm not going to dissect in anymore - I'm going to spend my limited energy on getting better.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yes, Borreliosis is the more proper name as there are many, many species of Borrelia. The one found in Lyme, Connecticut was Borellia burgdorferi, but since many of us have a different species altogether, the name Borreliosis is becoming the preferred term.

I am also taking Samento....and Banderol and Cumanda. There is a thread here about the Cowden protocol.

Sushi

saint

Yes, Borreliosis is the more proper name as there are many, many species of Borrelia. The one found in Lyme, Connecticut was Borellia burgdorferi, but since many of us have a different species altogether, the name Borreliosis is becoming the preferred term.

I am also taking Samento....and Banderol and Cumanda. There is a thread here about the Cowden protocol.

Sushi
Sushi - Thanks for the link! Can you tell me how long you've been taking the Samento & Banderol? Is it working for you? Have you had any bad reactions like I'm getting: headache, sweats and then chills, achy all over? I would really like to bounce off of someone else taking it.

I had lost the research I had before on exact protocols, so I'm taking the Samento per the bottle instructions - 2X day empty stomach. I began taking pure Allicin - but I take so much that I only took several last week.

What dosages do you take? is the 'Cumanda' absolutely necessary? I bought noni juice too, as that is supposed to help.

Were you diagnosed with Lyme or just suspected it?

Was anyone here cured after using the Lyme protocol?

I was reading an article today that one guy said his doc told him not to take vitamins during treatment because the spirochetes thrive on them. I NEED vitamins to keep me going. I don't know if that is the 'standard' wisdom, or just one doc's ideas.

Allergy Research Group had a great overview on it's 'Focus' newsletter.

saint

Could it be a spell check problem?

Maybe that's the more probable reason?:D

Barb
Barb - No - it's more of a 'memory' and 'feeling-lousy' problem! I don't spell check unless I'm writing more professionally. Energy deficits make you cut corners...

saint

Sushi
Do you take anything to try to 'dissolve' the fibrin surrounding the potential spirochete? I can't take serrapeptidase or nattokinase. I read you can use bromelain.

Sushi

Sushi - Thanks for the link! Can you tell me how long you've been taking the Samento & Banderol? Is it working for you? Have you had any bad reactions like I'm getting: headache, sweats and then chills, achy all over? I would really like to bounce off of someone else taking it.

I had lost the research I had before on exact protocols, so I'm taking the Samento per the bottle instructions - 2X day empty stomach....

I've been taking samento for about 4 months. Yes, I had those symptoms, but it was when I was taking too high a dose. How many drops are you taking? If you read that other thread most of the questions you have asked here are answered there. My doc doesn't have people taking samento and banderol at the same time but in about 2 week cycles of one or the other. I am getting better...slowly! on this protocol.

What dosages do you take? is the 'Cumanda' absolutely necessary?....

Were you diagnosed with Lyme or just suspected it?

I am diagnosed with Bartonella though I probably have Borrelia too, though tests have not picked it up. Cumanda is for co-infections.

Was anyone here cured after using the Lyme protocol?

Yes, people get much better, nearly completely functional, though they need to stay on maintenance doses. I also take antibiotics as my doctor doesn't prescribe herbals by themselves.

I was reading an article today that one guy said his doc told him not to take vitamins during treatment because the spirochetes thrive on them. I NEED vitamins to keep me going. I don't know if that is the 'standard' wisdom, or just one doc's ideas.

One doc's ideas I believe.

Sushi

Sushi

Do you take anything to try to 'dissolve' the fibrin surrounding the potential spirochete? I can't take serrapeptidase or nattokinase. I read you can use bromelain.

I am not treating Borrelia now, so no, I am not taking those.

Sushi

barbc56

@Sushi

If you're taking Samento with an antibiotic, how do you know which is making you feel better or did I misread your post?
Barb

Sea

Okay - forgive my grammatical error. It was too early in the morning and I felt horrible - still do.

I think I'll go to the Lyme Boards, because people there have had more experience.

saint, in case you missed it, SOC was not commenting on your grammar and understanding but on that of the author of the article you linked to. We don't pull each other up on that because we understand that we are all cognitively challenged, and I really would hate for you to be thinking that is what happened here.

When discussing the validity of an article though, it is very relevant to think about an author's critical thinking ability

acrosstheveil

cat's claw (samento) does help a lot with lyme but i would not say it's a cure. I have taken cat's claw for years (and samento tincture before that) and I still have chronic lyme.