• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One capsule of Candex knocked me out

optimist

I bought a jar of Candex from iHerb here the other day, and I took one capsule on empty stomach in the morning one hour before breakfast. I felt "fine" the whole day, but around midnight I became so cold. I was wearing t-shirt and shorts as I'd done the whole summer. But now I really shivered. I packed myself in layer upon layer of sweaters, cotton, wool, and two duvets, wool socks, and finally on top two wool blankets... haha, it was serious business :) And I still felt a little cold... more or less the whole next day I had fever and was pretty weak all over.

I took the Candex to see if it would make me any better, that is to see if I perhaps have candida. What do you guys think this reaction meant?

end

I think Candida elimination puts a strain on your detox capabilities, no matter what the manufacturers of Candex say. I believe "herxing" displays different symptoms in each of us. Some use NAC ALA and Vit C to aid phase 1 & 2 liver detox path ways which usually eliminate those symptoms

I actually need to trial other candida enzymes or biofilm busters as 4x Candex and 1x calcium EDTA(400mg) and 4x Nilstatin each morning do very little. Also Candidase feels weaker then Candex

I am about to try Jatoba which looks very interesting indeed

optimist

So you think that the possibility of me having Candida after this experience could be quite likely then? The biofilm "busters" sounds a bit to scary to me as I understand they can also affect the lining of the intestine...