• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inflammation Response To Exercise!

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping to get some input on this problem. One Dr. thought I have chronic fatigue and my Orthopedic Dr. thought that I have fibro. DHEA is 60, and I am working to get that in a normal range. I tested positive for the MTHFR methylation problem, both parents and can't absorb folic acid. I am currently on Methylguard by Thorne and 3 mg. of the special folic acid by Thorne. I just started L-Carnitine by Twin Lab at 1000 mg. for two weeks.

I decided I was going to get more fit and lose weight. I lost 22 pound and 10.50 inches!!! I have been on a good diet and decided to up my exercise. I began to walk a few times a week, then did Pilates Buns and Thighs. I did a portion of the DVD and built up gradually to doing the Buns and Thighs DVD three times a week. I have developed pain on the right side of my outer hip and think I have bursitis of the hip. It seems that I will develop some kind of an issue after exercise, where I end up in physical therapy or at the Drs. for a problem that stops me from almost all exercise. With the walking, I have pain in the soles of my feet. I think I have a lack of ATP in my muscles and the muscles either can't keep up with the exercise, or when then break down they create trigger points when they repair. At any rate, there is an abnormal inflammatory response to exercise.

I had hives for six months last year and found I was allergic to milk and almonds. I have had hives to NSAIDS, so I can't take them for the bursitis. I am starting to ice and thought I would try bromelain for the inflammation. This is an ongoing problem that I would love to find a solution to! I like to exercise and was seeing some good results, but it has been abruptly interrupted due to the bursitis.

misskatniss

Please don´t get me wrong, but in my opinion, your body tells you that he doesn´t appreciate exercising, and if you feel pain or worse after it... be careful! I have pushed through the nos of my body, and I have paid the price. I´d rather get fat und ugly than ever do that again... If you only treat the inflammation but not the cause (=exercising) you can harm your body seriously, ne it CFSME or not... Sorry, if that wasn´t what you find helpful. I don´t mean bad.

I understand what your saying. My body is telling me that I can't exercise like an average person. I think it is worse if I am fatigued to begin with and then exercise anyway. I do have to listen to my body more and not push myself.

I can't help but think there is an underlying cause, something that my body is lacking- some supplement that might help.

misskatniss

Well... as far as I would guess (not know), the only thing a supplement could do is maybe making you feel less your limit... If your body really lacks something to face the exercise, pushing forward would be a little like doping, I think. I would really take it slow if I were you. Perfectly healthy friends of mine had inflammations from too much jogging, and they overdid it even when they reduced their training schedule and therefore had monthes of difficulties and pain! That stuff can get chronic, so be careful - and don´t mind my cautious tone, please. I can understand how dear your exercising is for you. It is not easy to let that go for a while or sth.