• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sodium salicylate inhibits mast cell degranulation

xchocoholic

Hi @Sherlock

Thanks for the pdf link. I'm still reviewing it but I was surprised at how long the list is. Makes me wonder what all has been looked at in me/cfs.

On the enzymes, I'm still mostly clueless but I've spoken with Enzymedica reps a few times and they've been helpful. There used to be a forum called enzymes for autism. If it's still there you may find some answers there too.

I can't digest food without enzymes. Labs show I'm low on elastase. I take a variety of Enzymedica based on what I'm eating and creon.

Tc ... x

Gondwanaland

After further researching on salicylates, I found a comment at Chris Kresser's article "3 reasons why coconut milk may not be your friend" (where BTW he totally misses the point) where a reader shares very interesting info:

Tracy

MAY 22, 2014 AT 11:31 AM

My 6 month daughter and I both seem to have serious issues with any MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides). I did some research and found 2 really interesting studies which suggest that MCT’s actually promote allergic reactions (see below). I’m not suggesting this is a common problem for most people, but perhaps something to be aware of.

http://www.jimmunol.org/content/192...ls=yes&legid=jimmunol;192/1_Supplement/119.29
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23182172

Note to self: remember to check supplements based on MCT or olive oil (like vit D)...

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps white vinegar? I am currently intolerant to fermented stuff.

Sorry no one's answered. I don't know enough to say for sure, but would guess that a distilled product might be tolerable. Don't quote me on that!