• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are you in New York City 10th congressional district?

Andrew

Are you in New York City 10th congressional district? You can see the new boundaries here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:New_York_US_Congressional_District_10_(since_2013).tif

The reason I'm asking it Congressman Jerrold Nadler represents that district in the United States Congress. Nadler is same person who, a few days after the publication of Osler's Web, read a statement on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives calling for a congressional investigation. He also wrote to Donna Shalala, Secretary of Health and Human Services, asking for an investigation of the CDC, and arranged a meeting between the journalist Hillary Johnson and staff from the US General Accounting Office (GAO).

This was many years ago. But at least he has some experience with the slippery way the government deals with us. I tried to contact him, but I'm not in his district, and so his web site gave me an automated response that said "Congressional courtesy dictates that I only reply to residents of the 10th District of New York."

If you are in his district, he should be asked to help cancel the IOM contract. If you don't feel up to writing your own email, I'll give you a copy of what I tried to send him.

You can send him an email from here: https://nadler.house.gov/contact-me

You can confirm if you are in the 10th district here: http://www.house.gov/

It only takes one motivated congressperson to get things rolling. Please help.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
you can send a fax even if you're not in someone's district. Someone used to post a free online place to send faxes from one's computer. It's possible to find actual email addresses, but I do not know how to do this.

However I agree it's still best if someone in district contacts also. It's much more likely they will reply and put time into it, if someone in their own district contacts them. Phone, fax, or in person visit would be regarded more highly than email, but email is still useful.

Andrew

I looked into a fax, but the problem remains because it would have my return phone number on it. This has to come from somewhere in his district. With all the people who read this forum, don't any of you know a patient who lives there who you can ask for help? Or a relative of yours? Or you?

Ren

If there's no luck finding a volunteer from Nadler's district, could he be contacted through a fellow representative?

For example, wiki lists Nadler as a (ranking) member of the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties - which has "jurisdiction over the following subject matters:

constitutional amendments, constitutional rights, Federal civil rights, ethics in government, tort liability, including medical malpractice and product liability, legal reform generally, other appropriate matters as referred by the Chairman, and relevant oversight."

Do ME/CFS issues fall within the above jurisdiction? (I don't know.) If so though, it would be interesting to see how many/if any concerned citizens live in those representatives' (subcommittee members') districts.

subcommittee.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...nstitution,_Civil_Rights,_and_Civil_Liberties

Last edited:

catly

Hi @Andrew, I found someone who provided me the contact information for Nadler's chief of staff. Not sure if it would help but let me know if you would like it and I'll PM you (if I can figure out how to send a PM).