• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has Anyone Ever Tried a Gallbladder Flush?

belize44

I did so a few years ago, and it was a success. I produced nearly fifty small gallstones. I just did another last night, but it made me so sick and while I produced a lot of bile, I did not see quite so many gallstones this time around. Has anyone else ever tried this?

I don't believe you've been had. Go to curezone there are tons of anecdotal evidence it works. I've done 2 in 1 month and felt tremendous benefit. It's about time for another one. My digestion improved no longer have the constant burps and my tongue got nice and pink for a few months. I should have stuck with it a few more times

sure, you are entitled to your opinion based on what you read. All i can say from personal experience, the swelling on my tongue/teethmarks went away, my constant burping 3 to 4 hours after a meal subsided and overall i felt better. So take that for what it's worth as well. I probably didn't pass gallstones, the calcium ones, but there was sure alot of sludge that passed through.. something happened that worked well for me.

barbc56

@matters

I would never say what you experienced is invalid. What you experienced is what you experienced and I am happy you are feeling better.

I am just adding information. As I said, what people want to take from that information or what conclusions one makes, is a personal decision.

Take care.

Barb

Wayne

I researched this rather extensively, and decided the directions sounded way too onerous for my body to handle. So I came up with an alternative, gentle modified flush that I felt I could tolerate. I feel it worked, even though I didn't notice any gallstones.

I did feel better afterwards for several weeks, and also noticed I could tolerate eating butter again. Better digestion and alleviation of food allergies are benefits that are often noted by people doing these flushes. I'm currently in the process of preparing for another one.

As to whether the gallstones people claim they passed are nothing but clumps of olive oil, the best I could decipher is that the answer to that is yes and no. Some are olive oil, others aren't.

Last edited:

belize44

I haven't done another flush in a while, but am inclined to believe that whether or not I actually pass any stones, I do tend to feel much better for doing the procedure anyway.

Zensational

My husband did a liver/gallbladder flush and he got out many stones. He was very symptomatic prior to doing the flush and after the flush he had an ultrasound of his abdomen (which Dr. had already scheduled prior to the flush) and the results were that there were no stones in his gallbladder.
We are now doing cleansings for parasites. If you feel better then that should tell you something. Just do the flush safely. Less aggressive is best.

Hanna

I tried some apple cidar vinegar flush (just one teaspoon in a glass of aple juice) and got an allergic reaction (flush + very hot upper body)... feeling like a furnace inside. Won't touch it anymore.

Wayne

When you drink the apple juice it softens the stones so you can pass them. That is why they look like clumps of olive oil.

Hi Zensational,

I had a hard time drinking as much apple juice as is generally suggested. I learned it's the malic acid in the juice that softens the stones, and found malic acid capsules to work better. The amino acids taurine and glycine also have similar actions as malic acid.

It seems that just about any acid will work for this, which is why lemon juice is always part of a flush in one way or another. Though I've never read it, I've assumed the liposomal vitamin C I make with ascorbic acid also keeps my liver/gb from building up any type of sludge or stones.

Christopher

I researched this rather extensively, and decided the directions sounded way too onerous for my body to handle. So I came up with an alternative, gentle modified flush that I felt I could tolerate. I feel it worked, even though I didn't notice any gallstones.

I did feel better afterwards for several weeks, and also noticed I could tolerate eating butter again. Better digestion and alleviation of food allergies are benefits that are often noted by people doing these flushes. I'm currently in the process of preparing for another one.

As to whether the gallstones people claim they passed are nothing but clumps of olive oil, the best I could decipher is that the answer to that is yes and no. Some are olive oil, others aren't.

It would be helpful to detail what's helped.

Zensational

Thanks to you Wayne, I got out my Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar and drank it three times yesterday in water. (I wasn't in the water. LOL.) I also got up in the middle of the night and drank some more and I slept much better. Around 2-4AM is considered "Liver Time" in Ayurvedic medicine and since that is when my sleep is most fragmented, I thought I'd give it a try. I slept much better and feel much better today.
I'm going to order the malic acid, taurine and glycine and see how that works.
Many thanks for this information my friend.
I am also taking diatomaceous earth to scrub my intestinal tract and oil of oregano as an antiviral.

Wayne

It would be helpful to detail what's helped.

I'm finally getting around to pulling together some of my thoughts and methods about liver/gb flushes. It’s been a few months since I did my latest flushes, so I have to kind of reconstruct it from memory. To answer some of Zensational’s comments on supplements, I generally take one 800mg capsule of Malic Acid daily, but increase it 2-3/day in the week or so before doing a flush.

I try to remember to regularly put about 2 grams of taurine (bulk powder) in my morning Japanese Knotweed tea, and feel it’s enough to satisfy my body’s needs, and leave some left over specifically for the liver to do the work it depends on taurine for (not positive that’s the case however). I also put both taurine and glycine in my daily coffee enemas (CEs) in the week or so before doing a flush, to be sure they go directly to my liver.

I don’t do the Phosphotidyl Choline as it’s too expensive for me. But I do try to make a point to add raw egg yolks to some of my dishes in the week leading up to a cleanse. Egg yolks are rich in the lecithin that is so helpful to the liver in emulsifying fats and sludgy material. In conjunction to this, I also now take about 15g of Liposomal Vitamin C daily. It’s mixed with lecithin, and makes it much more available to the cells in the body. I’ve also read it allows Vit. C concentrations to build up in the liver, because of the lipid coating, which significantly aids in detoxification.

Regarding the modified flush I’ve created for myself: I found the regular instructions on doing a liver/gb flush to be too grueling for my taste, and not at all in harmony with my regular daily routines. Specifically: 1) I didn’t like the idea of taking the olive oil / lemon juice combo just before going to bed after mostly fasting all day. (I had tried it in the past and I didn’t sleep well). So I decided to do it in the early afternoon. It’s far easier for me to fast until early afternoon, than to partial fast an entire day before doing the combo before going to bed. --- [BTW, the fasting allows the gall bladder to become very full with bile, which is then purged when the olive oil and lemon juice are drunk.]

I also didn’t like the idea of the harsh epsom salts purges that are recommended in most instructions. In researching some of the curezone testimonials, I noticed a few found them to be way too harsh, and enervating. Some even found their health deteriorated afterwards, which they attributed to the purges. I then read that some found magnesium citrate to be much milder than the epsom salts, and that the purge was much gentler.

But I still didn’t like the idea of a purge. I had tried an herbal colon cleanse years ago, and found the laxative they put in it to be way too harsh for my system, and I didn’t really want to do any kind of purge. Fortunately, I then ran across an article that stated the main reason for these purges was to relax and expand the bile ducts, allowing the stones and sludge to pass through easily after the olive oil caused the gall bladder to sort of hiccup (can’t think of the correct word.) They suggested that CEs would be just as or more effective than any kind of purge. That fit in perfectly for me, as I do daily CEs.

Another thing I do as I prepare for a liver/gb cleanse, is to do a modified castor oil pack. The instructions for those are generally pretty cumbersome, and pretty messy as well. So instead of doing that, I would just rub castor oil on my liver area, put on an old T-Shirt, and put a hot water bottle over the top for 30-60 minutes (very relaxing). Castor oil not only causes the bile ducts to relax, but it also has the ability to harmonize the nervous system. I do this about every other day for a week or so before doing a cleanse.

On the day of the cleanse is when the olive oil/lemon juice mix is taken. Different instructions call for different amounts, some as much as a cup of each. Not wanting to do that much, I tried a half cup of each. I then laid on my right side so it would flow into the liver, and then put a castor oil pack over top of it. It always put me right to sleep at a time when I normally do an afternoon nap.

I found out that ½ cup of each was too much for my system (felt a bit nauseous when I woke up, and for the rest of the day). So the next time I did 1/3 cup of each (olive oil first). That was still a bit much, and then went with 1/4 cup of each. That seemed to be about the right amount for me. I now go with either a 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup, depending on my vitality at the time.

Since I had prepared for a week in advance for doing this cleanse a few months ago, I thought I should maybe try to get in more than one cleanse before finishing up. I quickly noticed two days in a row was too much. But I did pretty well doing them every other day until I had done a total of about 3-4. I last did this in January, and am now preparing myself for another go around. I would like to get into the habit of doing it every 3 months or so, as that was about the time I started noticing a bit of stuffiness after eating certain foods, which I noticed had gone away after doing the January flush.

I hope this wasn’t too long and/or complex. I actually think it’s pretty simple compared to some of the instructions out there. I might describe it as the "Sensitive Person's Guide to a Modified Liver/GB Flush". --- I'd be happy to answer any questions about anything that isn't clear.

Best, Wayne

Last edited:

Wayne

Was just doing some reading on Himalayan Salt, and ran across this snippet:

• Dissolve and eliminate sediments and clear calcifications that lead to stones and various forms of arthritis like rheumatism, osteoporosis, gout, and kidney and gall bladder stones

Zensational

Thank you Wayne,
I do believe that impaired liver functioning is a big part of the issue with people with CFS
We're thinking of making our own liposomal vitamin C. There are links to how to do it on YouTube. You have to buy an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to do it. Is supposed to be a lot cheaper.
Have you read Dr. hold of Clark's book The Cure for all Disease and she says that you need to kill parasites before doing a flush. She states that there are only two causes of disease, parasites being one and pollutants being the second.
Here is a link to her website about killing parasites.
http://www.drclark.net/cleanses/beginners/herbal-parasite-cleanse/parasite-chart-for-adults
We are currently on the Bob Beck protocol of blood electrification. It is a three-part process of pulsating yourself with a magnetic instrument that you can purchase, zapping yourself with and electrical current on your wrist, and drinking a ozonated water daily. You also drink collodial silver with this protocol.

I also take him MSM and vitamin C daily. If you are familiar with the channels Abraham and Bashar they both recommend this protocol.
http://www.treelight.com/health/nutrition/MSM.html
Listen to Bashar. This may sound a little woo woo to some but I really like the idea of getting my health information from someone it was seeing us from a higher vantage point.

We are also doing the Budwig diet which is a delicious combination of cottage cheese and organic cold-pressed flaxseed oil. Since you can see a video here.
http://www.budwigcenter.com/

We make our own lacto-fermented vegetables and that they contain tremendous amounts probiotics. It is much cheaper and easier to do than the probiotics you purchase.

Finally, L-glutamine will heal the gut lining once you start the process. I have read about alkaline burns that you can get from bile and I believe that L-glutamine to be the answer.

I was so glad to hear about the malic acid because I agree it is very difficult to drink that much apple juice.. Not to mention that the sugar and the apple juice can say parasites. I found a gentle cleanse that is pretty good and I tried it a couple of times that combines:
  • 2 cups apple juice
  • Six drops Stevia natural sweetener
  • 4 tablespoons of EVOO olive oil
  • 4 to 6 clothes of garlic to kill parasites
  • 1 1/2 inches of fresh gingeroot peeled
I also take other supplements that won't go into that now. I will say that since I've been doing these protocols I have stopped taking Advil every day for pain. I know longer have the low- grade favors that I had for almost 30 years. And I can occasionally go out in the evening with friends.

Fortunately I work from home so that makes it much easier for me to do this. I don't know how anyone who had a job outside of the home could possibly do all of this but anything you can do is better than nothing.

I tell my friends if you are only willing to do one thing, then drink apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon and water before each meal. It alkalinize is the body, helps you digest your food, and signals the release of bile.
http://www.lindsayselfnd.com/inform...ider-vinegar-may-be-the-best-3-you-ever-spent
It needs to be the good organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar "with the mother".

In good health...always.

Christopher

I'm going to condense Wayne's information to make it more digestable. Wayne, feel free to paste this at the end of your post and I'll delete mine.

Long-term:
Malic acid
Taurine
Daily Coffee Enemas
Liposomal C (15g)

The week leading up to the cleanse:
Daily Coffee Enemas with Taurine and Glycine
Raw egg yolks
Castor oil packs every other day

Cleanse day:
fast until afternoon
Olive oil/lemon juice combo.