• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Los Angeles, help?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Oh Ollie sorry to hear that, nothing worse than being sick away from home, bad enough at home. Hope a couple of days rest sees you feeling a bit better, maybe the stress of 'needing to be well for the vacation' and all the travelling didn't help, also the stress of needing a wheelchair and not having one easily to hand, all stresses we don't need. Rest up and fingers crossed the bad bit doesn't last.

NK17

So sorry to hear you've relapsed and are now bed bound far away from home.

I send you all my good thoughts via PR, unfortunately is all that I can do.

Martial

Sorry to hear about your rough experiences right now Ollie, I unfortunately do not know too much about transportation in the LA area but I am from Ventura which is roughly 60 minutes away, I hope you feel better soon and get to check out some cool site seeing! You did find a wheel chair to be able to use in the mean time correct?

olliec

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. We had a wheelchair delivered today for USD75 including drop off and collect which isn't too bad. Now I just need a day or two of half decent sleep to be well enough to get in the chair. I use a heart rate monitor and that will guide what I do.

olliec

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for their kind words. The relapse involved a chest infection which isn't that common for me, but after some rest and being completely reliant on wheelchairs (seven in all, including airport ones) I managed to get out and see LA, which is a magnificent city and very wheelchair accessible.

Now I'm home again I'm taking it easy, but when recovered and back to "normal" will start slowly experimenting with using the heart rate monitor and super-gentle swimming to see if there's a way to very slowly increase my activity tolerance. Time will tell.

NK17

Very happy to hear you've managed to enjoy LA and now are safely back home @olliec.

Wishing you a smooth recovery from the chest infection and possibly an amelioration of your health.

Traveling is quite ghastly for PWME ..., it has become difficult and full of obstacles and complications for healthy people too.