• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another Medical Kidnapping

Dreambirdie

work in progress

leela

and this decision in the face of the obvious and serious decline in justina's health under this last year's "care".
who are these horrible rabid dogs that just won't give up the bone on this? i cannot fathom how this is possible.
how do they sleep at night.
for frak's sake.

leela

Not to mention DCF are ruining this girl's life, all the while busying themselves filing motions to hold the father in contempt of court for objecting to this ruinous cascade of events. What parent in their right mind would let the state steamroller their entire family in silence? So the bully says you can't tell anyone he punches you every day....and you just comply? I don't think so.

There is a really ugly trend in diesempowerment underway right now. I don't like it one bit.

Valentijn

I just learned that it's a Dutch neurologist, Dr. Jurriaan Peters, who was first responsible for diagnosing Justina with somatoform disorder (Somatic Symptom Disorder ?). Wonder who his mentors (and their associates) are.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jurriaan-peters/4/121/627
Based on personal experience, Dutch neurologists are absolutely horrible to ME/CFS patients. Very strong beliefs in psychosomatic disorders.

Ren

I'm sorry, Valentijn.

Looking at this page http://www.emgo.nl/research/mental-health/research-themes/2/soma--psyche/aims-and-scope/
- from a department perhaps at VUmc where Peters was a student - Well, I worry that things are likely to get worse before they get better.

Edit: Just wanted to add that a superficial search of "VU Medical Center and Per Fink" (Danish psych-person involved in Karina Hansen case) shows at least one paper with Fink and "Psychiatric CL Service, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands", among other authors.)

http://repositorio.hff.min-saude.pt...of Psychosomatic Research 57 (2004) 17–24.pdf

Last edited:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I wrote the Dr Oz Show, requesting that they do a segment about Justina.

Maybe you all could do the same. CONTACT HERE: http://www.doctoroz.com/contact

Oz is an empathetic guy with a large viewing audience. I was able to convince him (with help from Donnica Moore) to do a segment on XMRV back in 2010. He doesn't shy away from controversy.

"Please do a story about Justina Pelletier, the teenage girl who has been removed from her parents into foster care and denied medical treatment for mitochondrial disease at the behest of a Dutch neurologist, Dr. Jurriaan Peters, who was first responsible for diagnosing Justina with somatoform disorder. What has happened to her is horrible. In depth media attention needs to be given to this issue. Thank you."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/sick-connecticut-teen-

Nielk

I also just contact Donnica Moore about this. She wrote me back that she was horrified by the story and will pass it on to her producer contacts at the Oz show, but is unsure how much they will be able to do with a media gag order in place.
There is so much about this that is so puzzling but why the gag order? Whose rights are they trying to protect?

peggy-sue

Only another 169 to go on the Change.org petition now.

Thanks for posting the link Iquitos - I didn't get sent that one, I don't know why.

Ren

I don't think they're trying to protect anyone's rights.

I think this - as with Karina Hansen - (as well as a somewhat recent custodial case in Sweden where a child was permanently ripped from his parents after Sweden passed a law forbidding homeschooling) -

I think the DSM-5 is out, and now (just as the with the law in Sweden) those in power are flexing their muscle to see how much abuse and control they can exert and how much resistance, if any, they get from the public.

I think they pick a vulnerable person/family and carve them up, as an example for others who might dare to think independently. Their arrogance and cruelty is grotesque - and truly beyond words really.

Ember

Outrage as Justina Pelletier Placed In Foster Care [Video]
Added by Penny Swift on February 26, 2014.
There were scenes of outrage outside a Boston courthouse on Monday after a judge ruled that critically ill Justina Pelletier be placed in foster care for the next three weeks, until her next custody court hearing on March 17. Her mother, Linda Pelletier, collapsed and was carried away on a stretcher, while her father, Lou Pelletier, yelled and cried in dismay....
More...