• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help us think up a name for the Lipkin Microbiome Study campaign

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Maybe we could help him cut the costs by providing links to all the studies already done in the areas he has mentioned.

Also, I saw that cfids grants funds for studies for me/cfs.

Hi Violeta - did you mean to post this on a different thread? This one is about choosing a name for the campaign. :)

Violeta

Maybe we could help him cut the costs by providing links to all the studies already done in the areas he has mentioned.
Also, I saw that cfids grants funds for studies for me/cfs

Hi Violeta - did you mean to post this on a different thread? This one is about choosing a name for the campaign. :)

Oh yes, of course, sorry, I'll put it in the thread on "research".

What do you think of this one?

BEAT BUG$ WITH BIG BUCK$

Last edited:

SOC

Since this microbiome research could end up benefiting other diseases in the long run, what if was something like
Funding Science, Funding Cures:
(possibly with a subheading like)
Columbia's Microbiome Initiatative
Now that I really like. :D

I think it's a very important point (from a fundraising pov) that this research is likely to benefit other patients, not just us.

Violeta

Columbia's Microbiome Initiative?

Columbia isn't funding it, are they? Columbia University could certainly afford to fund it.

Sasha

Fine, thank you

Columbia isn't funding it, are they? Columbia University could certainly afford to fund it.

Universities don't fund research themselves - they attract donors to fund stuff. Their own money goes on infrastructure.

SOC

Universities don't fund much research themselves. Researchers have to get funding from outside sources. Grant writing is a major necessary skill for researchers.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys - keep 'em coming!

I'll be closing the garnering of names this afternoon to start the selection process so if you've got any ideas, now's the time!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Time's up! Entries are closed.

Thanks very much indeed to everyone who has contributed - you've been a huge help - I see this as a joint creative effort with people's ideas sparking others off.

Watch this space... back in a couple of days or so...

Maybe too late to submit yet here is a 'perhaps too silly' suggestion...

FIND the BUGS in ME
Find the Bugs in Us

Izola

Haha! WHen SOC quoted my post I saw my typo. Typos courtesy of ME and more proof of why we need this study funded! :oops::eek::(:woot:

Take away our spell check and use our particular brand of typos as a diagnostic marker.