• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to know why something is having effect

knackers323

Hi guys

I don't really expect anyone to be able to answer this but thought I would ask anyway.

I have been trying lots of different things lately. Some things give a positive effect and some a negative.

Obviously if we could work out why each thing produces a certain response we would have a much better chance of working our illnesses out.

But for everything that we/I try there is twenty different reasons why it could be having such an effect.

Anyone got any pointers?

Ayaju

Get into muscle testing or dowsing! Get clear "yes" or "no" answers that way!
I'm not a good dowser, but muscle testing never fails. I also do Angel Card readings for answers, which has been amazing.
Judy

Seven7

Seven
I remember at fist I wonder the same but after a while I notice a pattern. So the way to go about it is general theory. Example: I knew I had Orthostatic intolerance, I knew some people did ok with vassocontrictors or some did ok with vassodilators. So every herb, tea or natural stuff that I felt good on, I would google the word plus vassodilator or vassocontrictor and I saw a pattern. Everything that was vassocontrictor made me feel better, and everything that was a vassodilator made me feel really bad.

I also believed CFS/ME to be immune (proven by my lab test I have an imbalanced immune system, but I didn't know that at the time) so I would google the same herb/supplement/.. with word inmune booster and modulator next to it. Then I realized that I do horrible on boosters and do well on modulators.

So I hope that helps, every now and then I get the odd one specially supplements that can be boosters (but I am deficient on) I do well. But overall the pattern is consistent. If your pattern is not consistent it means you are not totally th2 or th1 shifted but you have imbalances, you will know specifically by testing cytokine profile and lymphocyte subset.

Now the foods I have allergies so that is another story!! and tricky one because I am allergic to tomato and to garlic, it was tricky depending how I seasoned. I never got regular food allergies symptoms except general body inflammation. So I am still trying to figure that one out. My clue was high IL17.