• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Woodcock: Please Approve Ampligen Now!

http://thoughtsaboutme.com/2013/12/14/dr-woodcock-please-approve-ampligen-now/
Dear Dr. Woodcock,

I am writing to you on behalf of myself and the vast number of patients who suffer from myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (“ME/CFS”), a disease classified by the FDA in the category of serious or life threatening. The arbitrary application by the FDA of the rules relating to drug approval seems to give more weight to the front-page news than the actual gravity of a disease. I am confounded at the FDA’s decision to approve the use of Bexsero at Princeton University to prevent further cases of meningococcus B causing meningitis while at the same time failing to provide Ampligen for ME/CFS patients earlier this year.

ballard

Thank you for you great letter.

I hope Ampligen will be approved for ME/CFS patients soon.

Sally

Izola

Ampligen has been around 25 years, give or take, and the applications were first filed somewhere between 20-25 years ago. What is going on at the FDA, Dr. Woodcock?
To all of you kind people here at PR. My current crash is primarily a crash of cognition. I started out on an angy note, no planning just immense anger and loss with the decades of FDA denials and delays on Ampligen. I finally caught myself.

Can we do a Petition sometime soon and a FOIA request for the basic documents which leave a trail of denial and inhumanity? Izola

Last edited: