• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First Cidofovir Infusion Done!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
No, the serum testing didn't show that cortisol was a problem...but I don't know. The panic anxiety etc showed up when I started to be low cortisol 5 or so years ago too. I really wonder if I'm on the edge of adrenal insufficiency still but just not quite bad enough to be showing up on tests. I'm going to do a saliva test soon and see what that says too. It's possible that I just don't make enough cortisol for me and all of my infections too...

I haven't read all of the Lipkin thread, but are you all concerned about the lack of pathogens found? That also makes me worry that I'm trashing my body for nothing...

I dont know what to make of lipkins work when u compare it to say lerner, peterson and klimas etc who treat infections with some success. I dont understand how he cant find it but others can????

Ema

I dont know what to make of lipkins work when u compare it to say lerner, peterson and klimas etc who treat infections with some success. I dont understand how he cant find it but others can????
I don't understand either. And I've taken way too many meds and supps that didn't help to call the antivirals and antibiotics that did help a placebo.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I don't understand either. And I've taken way too many meds and supps that didn't help to call the antivirals and antibiotics that did help a placebo.

exactly, if placebo was the answer i would have been cured years ago.
I think this illness is just an ongoing battle, the underlying cause/immune dysfunction is whats letting these infections in, sort of like those zombie films, we keep killing them off but more keep coming, lets hope we dont run out of ammo.

My wish list would be to do the antivirals and abx with ampligen and throw in some xyrem so i can sleep well and growth hormone which the cost also puts it out of my league. Thats what i think would help.

Ema

exactly, if placebo was the answer i would have been cured years ago.
I think this illness is just an ongoing battle, the underlying cause/immune dysfunction is whats letting these infections in, sort of like those zombie films, we keep killing them off but more keep coming, lets hope we dont run out of ammo.

My wish list would be to do the antivirals and abx with ampligen and throw in some xyrem so i can sleep well and growth hormone which the cost also puts it out of my league. Thats what i think would help.
I would kill to get my hands on some synthetic adenosine deaminase enzyme but at $4000/vial that isn't happening unless I win the lottery.

I have a couple of friends that tried Xyrem for severe insomnia. That is some weird stuff! Neither of them thought it worked well enough to make the side effects worthwhile though one friend still uses it from time to time.

SOC

Exactly!

Dr L gave me no assurance that Valcyte would give me remission. He said something more like, "We'll see what we can do for you." I was not expecting a miracle. I'm not susceptible to placebo effect. I've taken a variety of treatments without much effect, so I wasn't overly optimistic about Valcyte treatment. Nevertheless, I had a huge improvement (not a remission) from Valcyte over the course of 2 years -- bedbound to working part-time. That is not placebo effect.

I don't know why Lipkin is not finding infections yet. He has not given up on the idea of infections in ME/CFS, so I'm not, either. I think we're just going to have to wait and see what the research brings, as hard as it is to be patient.

Ema

Ah but even if they did, could Ivey pretend to have ME/CFS? now thats a big ask even for a smart dog.
No one is mistaking Ivey for having ME/CFS. She is currently in her kennel after making me chase her barefoot in the cold rain across the neighbor's yard. I guess it was my own fault for letting her out before I had my shoes and coat on. It was really upsetting though. She wasn't listening at all and I got mad and stressed!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Ema
they always do it when we least need it - yeah I know they don't mean to but even so............
hope you're okay now ema - puppies and deaf ears and all that.

Ema

So I woke up this morning on day 3 of Valcyte feeling quite fabulous.

Since there is no way to know how many fleeting moments this will last, I quickly bundled up the puppies and headed off to the park where we romped after sticks in the freezing creek and sniffed all of the spots.

I really needed a break. I just can't believe I actually got a little one. :)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So I woke up this morning on day 3 of Valcyte feeling quite fabulous.

Since there is no way to know how many fleeting moments this will last, I quickly bundled up the puppies and headed off to the park where we romped after sticks in the freezing creek and sniffed all of the spots.

I really needed a break. I just can't believe I actually got a little one. :)

Congrats! Did you sniff all of the spots too? :) Sounds like fun!

Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
How fabulous for you @Ema - that wonderful feeling of being out in the fresh air and having the energy to enjoy it, and the dogs too, we all miss it, fingers crossed for you