• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good news! Norwegian govt funds Rituximab trial - possibly partial, amount not yet announced

On the website
http://mariasmetode.no/2013/11/update-haukeland-english/

Where it says

How much time before we might receive treatment with Rituximab?
First all the patients have to go through the study, this will take two years starting when the last patient is included. All data will then have to be controlled, analyzed and published. FDA and the Norwegian «Legemiddelverket» will evaluate the data and decide wether there may be a new indication for Rituximab. This will at least take 4 years, possibly more. Rituximab will certainly not be a medication for all ME patients. As with any kind of illness or condition it is probable that different ME patients need different kind of treatments and medication

Does this mean that it's 2 years for the study and then will take an extra 4 years for analysis and evaluation, so will take 6 years? Or does it mean it will take at least 4 years in total?