• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog: Thank You To Our ME Experts

slayadragon

>Our experts have taken a brave and trailblazing stand for ME patients by agreeing, in an open letter to Secretary Sebelius, on an official definition for “ME/CFS,” the Canadian Consensus Criteria (CCC). This is what Secretary Sebelius has been asking for, a consensus on the disease definition coming from the medical community. It’s here now. When HHS entered into the IOM contract to produce a case definition, it was not aware that our experts had already agreed on one. Therefore, the only reasonable response from Secretary Sebelius to the open expert letter is to rescind the IOM contract, as the experts strongly urged, and to use the about $ 1 million dollars in tax-payer money set aside for that contract where it is much more urgently needed and far more efficiently utilized: for bio-medical ME research.

>Our experts deserve our deepest gratitude for uniting and standing up for us in this monumental way and, maybe even more importantly, for not wavering in the face of unrelenting, if subtle, pressure from the CFIDS Association of America and most likely other powers that be to change their position. That has taken some real integrity. We are witnessing a truly groundbreaking moment!

http://thoughtsaboutme.com/2013/10/05/please-sign-petition-thank-you-to-our-me-experts/