• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic Coxsackievirus B Infection Eliminated by Transfer of B Cells From Immune Mice

Hip

Mice that do not have B cells (B cell knockout mice) with lifelong persistent coxsackievirus B (CVB) infection were injected with B cells from mice that are immune to CVB, and this resulted in either a transient or permanent disappearance of detectable CVB in the infected mice.

The injected B cells resulted in a permanent elimination of the coxsackievirus B infection in a few of the mice.

See the paper: The role of B lymphocytes in coxsackievirus B3 infection

This paper is not new (published in 1999), but this info would seem pertinent for enterovirus-associated ME/CFS.

It raises the obvious question of whether a similar technique could be used to eliminate, once and for all, the coxsackievirus B infections that are thought to be a major cause of ME/CFS.

Last edited:

globalpilot

Interesting. Did you see the study on Dr Chia's website showing interferon B elimated chronic coxsackie in the heart in humans ? Anyone idea how this information ties in with that ?

Undisclosed