• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sept 30th - Oct14th: Vote daily, Facebook or not, in Aviva contest for Canadian ME charity

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, Helen!

helen41, Kina - I think we need a more specific thread title. I suggest:

Sept 30th - Oct14th: Vote daily, Facebook or not, in Aviva contest for Canadian ME charity

Sasha

Fine, thank you
101 votes already - get voting, folks!

helen41, (or anybody!) can you explain what we need to achieve in this round to get through to the next?

frenchtulip

Sasha, we need to make the top ten in one of the three qualifying rounds to make the semi-finals. The top 30 from the three qualifying rounds in the medium category will compete in the semi-finals to select the ten finalists to enter the judging phase. The judges will determine how much each project receives, but each finalist will receive at least $5,000. It would be terrific if we could qualify in this first round, so we don't have to vote again until the semi-finals!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
If You Have Unused Votes

I have missed a couple of days of voting and will miss one more. I still get 15 votes, so I have some extra. I found this group that does outreach to women caught up in the sex trade. They are seeking funds for a van. That struck me as a little more worthwhile than animals and playgrounds. They are in the 'small' group, so are not competing against us.
I posted this on the other Aviva thread yesterday. I noticed that this group had an upswing in votes today. I hope some of it was from people here.

frenchtulip

Help the National ME/FM Action Network advance to the Semi-Finals. They are in qualifying position (#7) and we need to keep them there. Please vote today and again tomorrow before NOON EST. Those in the Western U.S. may wish to cast the last vote tonight after midnight EST. Thanks for your help!
avivaoct142013.jpg

frenchtulip

The National ME/FM Action Network's May 12th project is a Semi-Finalist in the Aviva Contest in Canada! http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/.../cost:2. Thanks so much to everyone who voted and supported this effort! This was a great team effort by the international CFS/ME/FM community! Semi-Finals begin December 2nd. We'll remind you when it's time to vote again. If you did not post a comment for the project, would you please consider making a comment on the project page. It could help during the judging phase. Thanks again!!!

snowathlete

Great news. Well done everyone.

Hopefully, those who did not vote yet will see that we can and do have sucessess in these competitions and will help by voting in the semi-finals as well as all those who have already taken part and achieved this. As well as the opportunity to win funding, it is great exposure and generated much needed awareness of our plight.