• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Confused about Obamacare? Check Out Health Law Helper

caledonia

The Affordable Health Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, starts enrollment on October 1. There's probably going to be a lot of confusion about this as we all work our way through this new system.

Consumer Reports sent me a link to this great helper website for figuring out what you need to do to make sure you're covered:

http://www.healthlawhelper.org/start.html#employerInsuranceCoverageGreater26Next

What I learned: If you have Medicare, you're already covered and don't need to do anything. If you have health insurance through work, same deal.

If you have no health insurance, you should be able to get some. If your income is low enough, you should be able to get help paying for health insurance. You're not allowed to be denied or charged more for pre-existing conditions - good news for us.

If you want coverage starting January 1, 2014, you need to be enrolled by December 15, 2013.