• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IiME recieve £200,000 pledge

Legendrew

From the IiME release:

We can now announce that IiME have been given a pledge of £200,000 from a foundation to supplement the amount we have raised already.
This would bring our rituximab fund to almost £260,000 – that is over two-thirds of the requirement for the clinical trial to proceed.
The foundation has two conditions to this pledge
  • That IiME continue to be the lead patient organisation steering this trial
  • That IiME continue to raise funds for the remaining £90,000 that is required for the full trial to proceed

The trustees of IiME have accepted these conditions willingly.

We are thankful and grateful for this extraordinarily generous offer from the donating foundation. It is an amazing gesture from compassionate and caring people who want to make a difference. It allows the hopes of many patients to become a reality – allows a vision to be maintained that there is a future for ME patients and that we, patients and families, can make a difference.
We have communicated this to the UCL team with whom we are working to make this trial a reality.
We are now distributing this information to our supporters.
There were many who doubted that IiME and our supporters could achieve this. Though we knew this would be a daunting task we have never doubted it was possible.
We continue our efforts to raise the remaining funds.
To our supporters who have been with us since the beginning and everyone who has contributed in so many ways to this trial we want you to know this is your result. It is what you have achieved. It is what we have achieved together.
We thank all those who are supporting this trial and we will continue to provide information on the status of the trial as we progress.
We continue to welcome support. Please contact IiME directly if you or your organisation would like to assist or contribute.
If anyone would like to ask any questions about the UK rituximab trial then please use the Contact form on the rituximab web site [4].
A status is available [5].
With this trial we can take a huge leap forward in ME research.
If you are also interested in the other research projects that Invest in ME is organising and/or funding please see our main website and free newsletter [6].
Let’s Do Research! Let’s Do It For ME!

http://www.investinme.org/IIME Statement UKRT 2013-09-24.htm

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Wow, that's fanastic news. With IiME's £260k and the £60k pledge from the MEA (which is subject to their peer review process), that's £320k of the necessary £350k pretty much in the bag. And in only, what, three and half months? Phenomenal.

Let's keep donating - and let's hope some more of our charities chip in bigtime as the details of the trial protocol firm up.

Time to get the balloons out! :balloons::balloons::balloons: