• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unusual Foods, Amines, Histamine, Oxalate, Salicylates, SCD, GFCF Diet info

Hello folks.

I have pretty bad food intolerances and have tried many different wonderful ideas which unfortunately did not help me, but maybe this can help you.

I am attaching the info I collected on
1) Unusual foods you may not have thought of (highlighted in yellow). This was most helpful to me, unfortunately it didn't help me for too long. Some examples are Teff, Millet, Buckwheat, Sorghum for carbs. I bet there is at least one of these you haven't tried!!!
2) Sheet that shows summary of oxalates, salicylates and SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) and GFCF (gluten free, casein free diet)
3) Various notes on histamine in foods
4) Pics that show an alternative presentation of different amine contents.
5) Also a study on amines in foods

Also, try searching for "botanical list of food families" on google https://www.google.ca/search?q=botanical+list+of+food+families to see troubleshoot problems, or see what else you can eat in the same family

I really hope this helps someone

By the way, the tables I have in excel, but I cannot upload it for some reason

Attachments

• Oxalate Salicylates.pdf
    315.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Histamine.pdf
    195.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Unusual Foods.pdf
    222.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Biogenic Amines in Food 591a70.pdf
    160.7 KB · Views: 53
  • amines.gif
    amines.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 89
  • glutamate.gif
    glutamate.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Salicylates.gif
    Salicylates.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 114

xchocoholic

I'd suggest sticking with the list of food oxalates used by the tryinglowoxalate
yahoo board. They're the group keeping up with these values.

fwiw, the Paleo or wahls diet seem to be the ones many people with food
intolerances do well with. Rotation is still important but I've found i could add
back in many foods i couldn't eat at all when i first started this regime.

thanks, here is the link to their website btw http://www.lowoxalate.info/ and the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Trying_Low_Oxalates/info

I think the chart I shared is actually from that website. I collected this info a while ago, so I didn't have sources. Except that I took their PDF and made an excel file to work from. Then, when I couldn't upload it here, I turned into PDF again. What a quagmire. Anyway check out their "Food lists and recipes" page for the list.

I don't know about Wahls diet, looks just like GFCF. I personally was on a low carb diet when all this started for me, and was on a gluten free diet for 2 years before that. I think a lot of people also feel worse after low carb diets. I personally have been on it for 2 years with periodic re-feeds. At first it was good, but then I felt much much worse, and it turned out that I am intolerant of fish, chicken, nuts/seeds and oils.
I don't want my own personal experience to influence someone too much (it is a single data point, and people shouldn't put too much faith into anecdotal evidence). However, I would caution anyone to do your research first, and make sure you have a balanced diet - like you say, rotation is important.