• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: House of Lords to debate PACE study, Weds 6 Feb 2013

Bob

Peter White said:
I have had to provide responses to Parliamentary Questions from members of both Houses of Parliament to allow them to understand the nature and findings of the PACE trial. In particular, I had to recently brief several members of the House of Lords so that they might speak in a critical debate about the Pace trial held on 6th February this year (exhibit C)

http://www.informationtribunal.gov.uk/DBFiles/Decision/i1069/20130822 Decision EA20130019.pdf

We assumed this already, of course, but it's an interesting admission. I think that we can safely assume that their Lordships' opinions about the PACE trial were not their own, and/or not based on a proper understanding of the facts. It begs the question why would they wish to go to so much effort, and present misinformation, in defence of the PACE trial. (A number of essential 'facts', that were presented in the debate, were inaccurate and misrepresentative.)

Sean

I think that we can safely assume that their Lordships' opinions about the PACE trial were not their own,

I think we can safely assume that, despite His Noble Lordship Winston's assertion that he did extensive research on the matter.

What we are seeing is the establishment closing ranks, big time. And we, of course, pay the real price.

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
If White and the consulted Lords were all ME/CFS patients, you can be sure that the act of White consulting them would have been framed in the national news as an orchestrated campaign or conspiracy. But it is unsurprising that some of the Lords presented the details misleadingly, like the telephone game.

user9876

Interesting he uses the word briefed rather than lobbied. Briefed suggests that information was requested however we know that they are quite active in contacting the press to defend their work.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Go the countess of Marr,
she obviously doesnt let the psychobabblers pull the wool over her eyes and hopefully her work helps others to see the truth about ME and how its not a psychological issue but a neurological/immunological issue that needs more money into treatments and research. :thumbsup: