• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

All hands on deck! Help us win $10,000 for four ME/FM charities in Facebook contest

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The Bogs Footwear online charity voting contest is being a very strange one for our community and we’d like you to help us win it – which we can easily do!

It’s strange because votes for all entrants are trickling in very slowly. Even the current first-placed charity only has a few hundred after nearly a week of voting. Normally the ME/CFS/FM community would smash a contest like this – we can usually garner several thousand votes – but our usual powerhouse of Facebook fundraisers who spread the word about these competitions are all unfortunately too sick at the moment to mount their normal operation. Even so, we're getting close to the winning spots but we're not there yet.

We need your help and we need it now! The contest ends this Wednesday, 24 July.

We now have two US and two Canadian charities in the contest and each of us can vote for all four charities. They’re not competing with each other so we don’t have to choose – the top two US and top two Canadian charities in the contest will each win $2,500. They’re all small but hardworking charities and this sum will make a big difference to them and their ability to help us.

Here’s what to do:

1. Log in to your Facebook account.

2. Go here to vote for Phoenix Rising.

3. Click the ‘Like’ button for Bogs Footwear on the top right (just under your name on the Facebook page, not inside the box for this charity).

4. Click on ‘Vote’ and you will be asked to let Photo Contest access your public profile, friend list and likes. You can’t vote without clicking ‘OK’ but you can click ‘Skip’ in the next pop-up to prevent Photo Contest posting to your friends on your behalf. Once you’ve voted for all four of our charities, you can remove Photo Contest from your Facebook apps (see below).

5. Now go here and vote for PANDORA Org.

6. Now go here and vote for National ME/FM Action Network.

7. Now go here and vote for MEFM Society of BC.

8. If you wish to remove Photo Contest from your Facebook apps, go to your Facebook homepage (from any Facebook page, click on ‘home’ on the top right). Click on ‘App Centre’ in the lefthand sidebar and in the new sidebar that appears, click on ‘Your apps’. Move your pointer over ‘Photo Contest’ and click on the ‘x’ that appears in the top right of that box to delete the app.

Thank you!

Please tell your friends and family to vote too. Feel free to copy this and spread it far and wide.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Tom Kindlon just very kindly posted the content of my message on Co-cure so let's hope that will pull some more votes in. Thank you, Tom Kindlon!

Here's the scores now:

1. Puppies: 774
2. Military families: 653
3. PANDORA: 486
4. Windsong School: 473
5. Dobermans: 411
6. Phoenix Rising: 239
[...]
10. National ME/FM Action Network: 151
[...]
23. MEFM Society of BC: 51

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Scores this morning:

1. Puppies: 798
2. Military families: 665
3. PANDORA: 507
4. Windsong School: 473
5. Dobermans: 413
6. Argh, more dogs, out of nowhere: 278
7. Phoenix Rising: 267
[...]
10. National ME/FM Action Network: 173
[...]
16. MEFM Society of BC: 88

So, we need a few hundred votes to beat (not in the violent sense) some puppies - vote! Tell your friends!

It's still very, very winnable and doesn't finish until Wednesday. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Maybe if we change our name to Phoenix Puppies, we would have a better chance of winning.

Seconded! :thumbsup:

Actually, that's a stroke of genius...

BTW, someone sent another message out on Co-cure about this just now so fingers crossed, more voters.