• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prof Jonathon Edwards to be IiME Rituximab trial advisor

Esther12

Good news.

Hopefully he might be able to advance work on finding a way of identifying those patients most likely to benefit. Linking the rituximab CFS work to others working in a similar area but outside of CFS seems like a really positive move.

Gemini

Good news.

Hopefully he might be able to advance work on finding a way of identifying those patients most likely to benefit. Linking the rituximab CFS work to others working in a similar area but outside of CFS seems like a really positive move.

Esther,

You're absolutely right!

In RA they can identify non-responders to rituximab using an interferon [gene expression] signature:

"The interferon type I signature towards prediction of non-response to rituximab in rheumatoid arthritis patients, " Arthritis Res Ther, April 2012

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22540992

Let's hope the Professor is familiar with this groundbreaking work in another disease & can apply it to ME/CFS.