• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Human Rights Watch blog: FOI & unpublished data from a RCT (PACE Trial)

Dolphin

"One final observation. QM nearly got itself into trouble in this case because of its curious publication strategy. It is odd to publish research about the merits of a given set of treatments, without having finalised one’s analytical work on the therapy-specific demerits. From a medical ethics perspective, I wonder to what extent the clinicians and patients appreciated that to some extent the 2011 Lancet publication was work-in-progress – because that is the implication of QM’s arguments on this appeal."
final paragraph from

http://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2013/0...-from-a-randomised-controlled-trial-on-mecfs/

JUNE 12, 2013 BY DAVID HART QC

Freedom of information and unpublished data from a randomised controlled trial on ME/CFS

Bob

I haven't read it yet, but he knows about ME:

You've got flu
And a hangover.
And you've just run 5 miles.
How do you feel?

Like someone with ME

zcc.jpg

Dolphin

The blog post brings up issues about the reporting of harms/safety/adverse reactions with the PACE Trial.

This is dealt with in quite a lot of depth in section 6 of this published paper:

Kindlon T. Reporting of Harms Associated with Graded Exercise Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Bulletin of the IACFS/ME. 2011;19(2):59-111
Free at: http://iacfsme.org/BULLETINFALL2011/Fall2011KindlonHarmsPaperABSTRACT/tabid/501/Default.aspx