• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fobbed off by your doctor? Now a second opinion from an expert is just one phone call away

allyb

Fobbed off by your doctor? Now a second opinion from an expert is just one phone call away

I had NO idea this establishment existed, I had never heard of the Honorary Doctors' Association.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ow-second-opinion-expert-just-phone-away.html

Four years ago, Mary Foord-Brown was in despair, afraid she was never going to find the right medical help for her two children.

Branded an 'over-protective' mother who was 'inventing' illnesses for them, she had just been struck off by her GP surgery in Woodbridge, Suffolk.

She had two sick children at home - Lilac, then 12, and Victor, ten - suffering from scarlet fever, and subsequently a form of pneumonia. This had come after a litany of other illnesses.

'Anyone could see they weren't well - they seemed exhausted and didn't pick up after normal childhood illnesses,' says Mary, 48, a charity volunteer who is married to Martin, 58, a psychologist.

'I took them to the GP a number of times, and eventually waited for the out-of-hours service to click in as I felt I got better care then. The children were both treated with antibiotics but neither seemed to be getting better.

'They needed to see a paediatric consultant but I couldn't get a referral.'

Indeed, the GP surgery's response was a letter informing the family that 'due to a breakdown in relationships' they would no longer treat them.

'I felt as if the NHS washed its hands of us,' says Mary.

Desperate, she called a private doctor, although she could not afford prolonged private treatment - and the secretary suggested she contact a new organisation, the Honorary Doctors' Association.

This charity offers free advice and treatment from some of the most eminent private and NHS consultants and GPs in the country.

---------------------------

The “Honorary Doctors Association” soon to become “Patient Care Trust”

Visit www.hdapatientcaretrust.com or call 020 7935 8366.

Maybe they exist because we don’t know; gosh if we were to all contact them, they may well buckle under the sheer volume. :confused:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Where would you start? I need an hour's consultation at least?:)
Good find though.