• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CMX001

Clearly this new antiviral drug is safer than all others in its class (in terms of treating CMV/HHV6). But the question I have is, just how much more effective is the drug when compared to Valcyte?

Breaking News!

This is pretty darn exciting. CMX001 is going to be the miracle drug we've all been waiting for! It says the dosing is 1 or 2 pills twice a week. A week! And it is supposed to be the most potent antiviral ever released for HHV and much safer than all the others. That's like having your cake and eating too. Highly recommend everyone to read the articles below:

http://www.pharmabiz.com/NewsDetails.aspx?aid=75031&sid=2

http://www.cortjohnson.org/treating...onic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-treatment/cmx001/

Gypsy

When will it be available to patients?

And the big question....what doctor will we be able to find to prescribe it? Peterson and Montoya and I think Klimas have waiting lists years!!!! long.

I was unable to tolerate valcyte so I am very interested in this drug.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

And the big question....what doctor will we be able to find to prescribe it? Peterson and Montoya and I think Klimas have waiting lists years!!!! long.

I think a lot of doctors would be comfortable prescribing it--that is ID or ME/CFS docs. Some have been concerned about the greater risk of side-effects in Valcyte and Vistide.

Sushi

RUkiddingME

Dr. A. Kogelnik (colleague of Dr. Montoya)is an excellent option! He's awesome and you get in quickly! :). http://openmedicineinstitute.org/about/overview/

Daffodil

why are you all so excited? antivirals only help some CFS patients..probably not even most

Daffodil

sorry...i am just depressed ..i dont mean to be a suck lol

antivirals never helped me

Waverunner

Don't worry, I know that feeling. This illness is wearing one out over time. What annoys/depresses me most however, is the fact, that the medical field has so much to catch up to. Clear diagnostics or treatments for viruses? Negative. Understanding of the human microbiome? Negative. Understanding of the human genome and its implications for disease? None existing, unless monogenetic. Understanding of autoimmune diseases? Negative. Understanding of CFS? Negative. And this list goes on and on and on and on and on...

Daffodil, you need to see Dr. Lerner or Montoya to find out exactly what is causing your CFS. They test for a couple dozen different bacteria/viruses known to contribute to or directly cause CFS.

Daffodil

lol i saw dr. lerner. my mother paid $800 every 3 weeks for almost 2 years so i could travel to see him. it didn't help and now she is almost broke.

i am not a newbie to this....going on 21 years now

Waverunner

Oddly enough, that very Star Trek scene comes to my mind a lot when I think of how we're treated, particularly in the UK here - seriously, if often comes back to me!

The same here. I often think about how it would be, if one of us travels 50 years into the future and visits a doctor.

*doctor rising his eyebrow*: "Did you actually visit a doctor before? Well, whoever your current physician is, don't visit him again. He didn't replace any of your crappy genes, he didn't treat any of your infections and your microbiome is a mess! I just sent all your data to the pharmacy, they are composing a treatment pill right away. However, it will take 2-3 hours, but that is your fault, for not going to a real doctor earlier. Take the pill with some water and send me the data of your bath mirror breath analysis daily for one week. Jeez, I still can't believe it :rolleyes::rolleyes:."