• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte - 3 Weeks

vamah

Today I reached the 3 week point on Valcyte. I can now go down to 900mg/day (from 1800). To be honest, this week has been pretty bad but I don't thik I can blame that on the Valcyte. End of last week I felt like I had gotten back to my baseline. Then I had a lot of emotional stress and physical overdoing it at the beginning of this week and have felt pretty sick since Tuesday. Think that dropping my dosage today will probably help. Feel pretty happy that I have gotten through that high dosage period and only skipped a dose one time. Now my big challenge is to fix my sleep problems to help me recover from the damage the viruses haev done to my brain and body.

vamah

Anymore updates on how things are going since dosage change??

cheers!!!

Short answer: not really. The thing is that the past couple weeks have had a lot of emotional stress for me and then I got a bad cold, so I haven't really been able to tell if I'm improving long-term because I've felt so crappy short-term. Maybe in a couple weeks I can sit down and look at the big picture. :)