• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

ukxmrv

Thank you Heaps! for the update.

If he gets down it would be nice to send him a card but would need his full name and probably a ward number. This may be too much of a privacy invasion or hard work for someone to co-ordinate.

Guessing this is the address ?

St Vincents Brisbane
411 Main Street
Kangaroo Point, QLD 4169
Australia

http://www.stvincentsbrisbane.org.au/contact-us.html

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

If he gets down it would be nice to send him a card but would need his full name and probably a ward number. This may be too much of a privacy invasion or hard work for someone to co-ordinate.

St Vincents Brisbane
411 Main Street
Kangaroo Point, QLD 4169
Australia

hi ukxmrv just saw alex now and still at Logan hospital, still not sure when they are going to move him yet but said he would let me know. i will try and keep everyone posted on his movements. Not sure if they have internet access at st vincents but i think they might, he is looking into sorting this outso he can make a few posts etc. Today he said he appreciated the get wells i printed out from here. So he knows we are all thinking of him. Im not sure on the whole privacy thing??

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

St Vincents Brisbane
411 Main Street
Kangaroo Point, QLD 4169
Australia

Alex has no issues with everyone knowing his last name; it is Young. (I double-checked just to be sure he was fine with me posting this here).

He evidently isn't certain yet that he's going to St. Vincent's. He says he will tell Heaps when he is moved (possibly tomorrow, but it's difficult to know).

Alex sounds good, is making notes for his book in a notebook, and says he is recovering nicely.

xchocoholic

Thanks for updating us. Good to hear that he's doing well.

Ok, so are any other pwcs thinking other than the pain, this sounds like a nice vacation from our daily responsibilities like cooking, etc. ? Lol .. Tc ... X

cph13

Oy Vey Alex, just heard the sad news. Glad you R recovering nicely. All the best.
Happy healing,
Hugs C

heapsreal

spoke to alex 2 days ago and he said he will be in hospital atleast another 4 weeks. They wont let him out until he can weight bare on his leg. So Im in the process of organising an ipad and mobile phone for him. alex stated that he has money saved up for a rainy day and now its raining so try and work out a deal to get him hooked up online, so i think the internet withdrawals are getting to him. I did drop off some things for him the other day and within a few days he had already written 25 pages of notes for blogs etc. SO he is keeping his mind going but frustrated he cant post them i guess. otherwise his spirits are still good. he is still at logan hospital as well which is probably handy for me to get to him and close to home for alex if he decides to do a runner.

I did drop off a packet of corn chips with his stuff the other day and friday alex said he is rationing them out and eating 7 chips a day, so his sense of humor is as whacky as ever. I should get him 2 packets of corn chips so he can eat 14 chips a day :lol:

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
wow, 4 weeks is a long time. Thx for updates. Glad you are able to help get him back online, heaps (and with the notebook - sounded like he was a bit bored before that). I guess Alex is also missing reading blogs and keeping up on the news and everyone's happenings (that's what he wanted to know the other day when I talked to him: "what's the news in the ME community?")

heapsreal

wow, 4 weeks is a long time. Thx for updates. Glad you are able to help get him back online, heaps (and with the notebook - sounded like he was a bit bored before that). I guess Alex is also missing reading blogs and keeping up on the news and everyone's happenings (that's what he wanted to know the other day when I talked to him: "what's the news in the ME community?")

Maybe we should tell him they have found a cure?? naa he wont believe that he he.

heapsreal

Alex now has a mobile phone and contact with outside world:balloons: . But no internet yet, he needs to organise that himself for legal reason apparently (what the phone company said) but he organise that on his mobile now and they should be able to courier an ipad to him once its sorted on a plan etc, so he isnt too far away from posting here now :thumbsup:

adreno

PR activist
Good to hear he is getting online. Glad you are helping out, heaps. Now if we just had a good mobile solution on the board, such as Tapatalk support, it would really make things easier in situations like these.

heapsreal

Good to hear he is getting online. Glad you are helping out, heaps. Now if we just had a good mobile solution on the board, such as Tapatalk support, it would really make things easier in situations like these.

Thats sounds good, i could have posted a pic of alex in his nice purple hospital gown alot easier, aarrgghh no dont turn around in a hospital gown Alex!!

4 weeks?

I'd suggest getting in to meditation. That or Angry Birds. Kind of opposite ends of the spectrum there.

Hope things are going okay for you Alex. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Lou

Hi Alex,

While you've got some down time, why not finish up your buddy's Unified Field Theory thing? Wouldn't surprise if you've actually got some thoughts on that.

Get well, and hope you're back soon.

heapsreal

heard from alex today and they are going to move him to Beaudesert hospital for rehab either today or tomorrow. He has also ordered an ipad so should be online by friday he said. we tried to log him onto to my iphone the other day, i was interested to see how many alerts and inboxes he had but poor reception at hosptial, maybe we should have bets on how many alerts etc he has lol. there will be thousands.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

heapsreal.. could you find out when alex moves hospital if he can watch his own DVDs there? I was thinking that we could send him some ME/CFS ones which he may not have seen to occupy him there. I texted him on my phone the other week sending him some get well wishes but he didnt reply back so dont know if he's changed phone numbers or had no credit.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey Alex--What are you doing in the hospital!? I haven't seen Einstein's tongue for a very long time, and so I figured something was up.

I send you well wishes for a speedy recovery. And please go easy on the corn chips. ;) :p:p