• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

LaurieL

I wondered where you were, as I like reading your posts!! Look forward to your return!!

Wishing a very complete recovery with no crashes!!!!.....Lauriel

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I just hope Alex can handle the withdrawals??
He doesnt have an Iphone or an Ipad to get his fix of internet time, i wonder if they sell internet patches to ease his cravings? They dont have wireless at the hospital either so couldnt use an ipad anyway. He will have to go old school and read books and newspapers.

Im sure he would appreciate the well wishes, im working the next few days but will go and visit if he's still there monday, maybe sneak in there if im working up that way and show him this thread on my phone.
Hopefully Alex is enjoying the sponge baths and not missing the internet as much and not in much pain.:thumbsup:

Heaps,

We know you can "create an emergency" :thumbsup: in the area and get Alex his vital "electronic fix" through your Iphone.

Withdrawal in these cases can be very serious. If you manage it, pass on these: :balloons:

Sushi

Kati

Patient in training
OMG, am I the only one believing Alex was a girl???

Best wishes Alex, i agree, crutches are terrible. hopefully you'll get the hang of it real soon. This is when a "panic button" wouldcome handy.

caledonia

Alex, I hope you're feeling better soon.

I had to use crutches when I had a badly sprained ankle, years ago before I was sick with ME/CFS. I would hate to have to use them now - there is something about using your arms that really sucks the energy out of you. Maybe they can get him a Hoveround or something (highly mobile electric wheelchair).

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I rang the hospital this afternoon while i was at work but they were unable to put me through to Alex at that stage but did say his condition was stable, thats all they could tell me, but did say he can have visitors, so i will do that on monday.
so everything sounds promising, i hope he is able to have good conversations with other patients and staff as normally his social contacts are online which he doesnt have at the moment.

Gemini

I rang the hospital this afternoon while i was at work but they were unable to put me through to Alex at that stage but did say his condition was stable, thats all they could tell me, but did say he can have visitors, so i will do that on monday.
so everything sounds promising, i hope he is able to have good conversations with other patients and staff as normally his social contacts are online which he doesnt have at the moment.

Please say "Hi!" to Alex for me when you see him on Monday
& give him my "Get Well Wishes."

Thanks for the updates, heapsreal.

Bob

Alex, we're missing you already.
Hope the broken leg is not too much of an ordeal, and heals quickly.
I'm not making light of it at all, but I expect you'll find a broken leg a mere inconvenience compared to having ME.
And you'll likely get a lot of sympathy and offers of assistance for a broken leg, of course.
So make the most of it!!! ;)
Come back as soon as you can.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Only just seen this thread. My best wishes to Alex too. His contributions are very interesting and useful and I value them highly.

taniaaust1

Best wishes Alex, sorry to hear you broke your leg **wondering if it was due to ME imbalance?**

I hope your hospital stay is as benefical as the one I spent for a week in hospital with double pneumonia a year or two ago... nothing like being confined to a bed against ones wishes to feel a bit healthier ME wise.

just got off the fone with alex. he is doing well, much better than he expected considering everything he has been thru. he is getting abit frustrated that they keep trying to feed him all the time. :) He is in good spirits and his voice is strong.

He will be laid out for some time tho, sounds like a long recovery just to get to the point where he can walk with crutches and a cast.

I told him he had alot of posts here wishing him well. I plan on calling him again either tomorrow or next day, so i will try to read him some of the posts here. So post here, and either me or willow will relay it to him.