• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dreaming about parasites

CJB

One more interesting quote from the article:

HF: At the bottom of Gu syndrome, and we see this
in the symbol as I described earlier, is always a kind of
pathogen. A worm is more easily discovered, but very
often it is the small things that are most potent and
remain hidden in the dark. Remember that the Chinese called this a yin (dark/hidden) pathogen. Lyme
disease is a good example; the spirochetal pathogen
is very elusive and so small that it is hard to discover
with modern methods of diagnosis. I have a lot of
patients where their case history makes them a shoein—they’ve been to Nepal, or India, or Latin America; they had amoebic dysentery; they took Flagyl and
since that time their health has never been good. That
kind of case is as clear as it can get, but there are lots of
people who never left the country, and they can’t remember any kind of initial infection, but all of a sudden they’ve become chronically fatigued or have been
diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Their doctors put them
on Prozac because they don’t know what else to do,
when actually they’ve likely picked up some parasite
in a restaurant or had a tick bite that they never knew
about. This category of parasites includes the widest
possible range, including viruses such as herpes or the
Coxsackie virus, chronic systemic yeast, and so on.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
"Remember that the Chinese called this a yin (dark/hidden) pathogen."

Yup, that is what my dreams portray as "LURKING EVILS."

I fit the description above, because about a year prior to my CFS collapse, I had had a long bout with an ameba, that was not properly diagnosed or treated. I think it made me susceptible to all the other pathogens that came in its wake.

sianrecovery

Hi Justy

How brilliant you can walk what Freud called 'the royal road' to the subconscious. I used Martha Beck's very easy method for dream analysis in Steering by Starlight and found it very helpful. I had therapy years ago with an ancient Jungian who had trained in the Swiss institute back in the day and she was great, really gave a sense of respect for that medium of communication.
I have two parasites I know about it - blastocytosis and protomyxzoa - both protozoa - and have tried a variety things to get rid of them. My friend had success with a long herbal regime, and a very strict no carbs no sugar diet, I did not. I am tempering my attitude toward them from aiming from complete eradication to holding the balance of power via diet, meds etc. I will let you know how I get on, and good luck with your journey.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Ive been thinking today about what Klinghardt says about parasites - that they wont allow you to make good treatment and health choices. My medical herbalist made me a GI mix last year and i couldnt even look at the bottle. I made myself take it once and got instant stomach ache - which she felt was an unusual reaction. Ever since then i have been very reluctant to try it again. I think i am going to have to force myself to try some herbs after ive been to see her.

Lots of interesting discussion here.

I think im going to try the pumpkin seed remedy as well soon, It seems unlikely to have any adverse effects, and might just give me more of a clue to whats going on. Has anyone else tried it?

Justy.

baccarat

Ive been thinking today about what Klinghardt says about parasites - that they wont allow you to make good treatment and health choices.
It happened to me with the Klighardt protocol for parasites. They didn't want me do it. I just had to force myself but even then the effects were barely bearable. If the treatment works, the beasts will try everything to make you give up.

Lala

Justy and baccart,
I totally agree with you. I begin to be very irrated, I get headache for couple of days, some pain in my tummy, litlle diarhea for one afternoon, then big moodiness, some insomnia etc., which always makes me think I would rather give up treatment as soon as I started. These beasts apparently dont like it.

CJB

Woo hoo! Just got an e-mail from my naturopath and she does use Dr. Fruehauf's protocol and is willing to give it a try with me. I won't be able to get in and see her until I recover some from this latest crash (ironic, huh), but I'll let you all know how it goes.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
As pointed out by Lala above, i did have a terrible reaction to the antiparasitic mebendazole, which is only supposed to happen in cases of severe infestation - i spent an entire night writihing in agony with what felt like something inside me thrashing and fighting for life. I believe on that occasion it won.

Tape worms can get quite large in humans (and many other hosts). I can imagine that they would make quite a commotion if irritated. I think there are other human parasites that can get quite large as well.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
People do sometimes look funny, but i think the statistics show that like most blind people arent totally blind, most wheelchair users have some mobility. There area lot of part time wheelchair users out there!

Some of those people who are looking may have family members at home because they cannot spend so much time on their feet. They might go home and suggest that family member join them in a wheelchair the next time they go out. I think you are setting a good example for people to get out and do things instead of sitting at home.

I have a cousin who uses a wheelchair for family outing and vacations. When they fly somewhere, they can often arrange for their hotel to have a wheelchair in the room when they arrive. Some public places also have wheelchairs for rent.

justy

On the subject of dreams, but not related to parasites; last night Dr Kogelnik was in my dream. We were in a bar with some other PWME and all drinking health giving cocktails. I can't remember what we were talking about, but how weird to dream of Dr Kogelnik - who i have only ever seen on the INVEST IN ME conference DVD. I havent even been watching it recently.

So strange.

I also had a dream last year that i was having a consultation with Dr Myhill. We were sitting in a tropical greenhouse and i asked her what was causing my M.E - she said it was all in the proteins, then lit up a fag!!

Obviously i am just strange.

Anyone else dream about M.E doctors or what is cauisng their illness?

xx Justy.

Creekee

Just in case you need any more reasons to take 'em seriously:

In 2004 I had a very vivid dream that my younger sister had a gaping, semi-healed wound on her right shoulder. She was crying and telling me that she'd had a mole there and our mother had refused to take her to have it looked at. By the time she got to a doctor, it had been cancerous and she'd had to have most of he shoulder removed.

I woke up extremely disturbed. And thinking "hmmm...I have a mole in that exact spot which has changed some lately." One of those I-should-have-this-checked-but-I'm-so-friggin-busy kinda things. Thanks to the dream, I went to the dermatologist. The mole turned out to be a melanoma.

Here today, thanks to that dream!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
On the subject of dreams, but not related to parasites; last night Dr Kogelnik was in my dream. We were in a bar with some other PWME and all drinking health giving cocktails. I can't remember what we were talking about, but how weird to dream of Dr Kogelnik - who i have only ever seen on the INVEST IN ME conference DVD. I havent even been watching it recently.

So strange.

I also had a dream last year that i was having a consultation with Dr Myhill. We were sitting in a tropical greenhouse and i asked her what was causing my M.E - she said it was all in the proteins, then lit up a fag!!

Obviously i am just strange.

Anyone else dream about M.E doctors or what is cauisng their illness?

xx Justy.

Hi Justy, I've been keeping a dream journal since I was in high school. I've had many dreams pertaining to my illness over the years. Most of my dreams about health practitioners are symbolic and pertain to my "inner healer." They point out habits (physical, emotional, mental) that are good or bad for my health. Sometimes, though less often, my dreams are literal, and will tell me very clearly what I need to eat or not eat, or what supplements I need to take or steer clear of. I once dreamed about a giant billboard with flashing red letters that spelled out the word RIB EYE. I hadn't eaten read meat for about 25 years at that point, and I obviously needed some.

Lately, I dream a lot about my best TCM practitioner, who I haven't seen for about 10 years, due to the fact that he's 350 miles away and it's really hard for me to travel that far. My dreams keep reminding me how important it is for me to get down to see him. I dream about him at least a couple times a month, sometimes every week. That's a hint.. right?

I don't know what Dr Kogelnik means to you personally, but if it was my dream I would investigate that further by writing down all the things you like about him and his treatment of ME. That might give you some clues as to what the dream is about. The fact that you are drinking "health giving cocktails" in an ME friendly environment with him is a positive sign--there's something nourishing and healthy being offered in his presence. I would want to know more about that.

And btw, you are absolutely NOT strange.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Just in case you need any more reasons to take 'em seriously:

In 2004 I had a very vivid dream that my younger sister had a gaping, semi-healed wound on her right shoulder. She was crying and telling me that she'd had a mole there and our mother had refused to take her to have it looked at. By the time she got to a doctor, it had been cancerous and she'd had to have most of he shoulder removed.

I woke up extremely disturbed. And thinking "hmmm...I have a mole in that exact spot which has changed some lately." One of those I-should-have-this-checked-but-I'm-so-friggin-busy kinda things. Thanks to the dream, I went to the dermatologist. The mole turned out to be a melanoma.

Here today, thanks to that dream!

WOW, Creekee! That's so good that you took the dream seriously and checked out the mole.

I read a book back in 2000 by Marc Barasch about how his dreams diagnosed his thyroid cancer. It's a great book called Healing Dreams. You can read some of the reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Dreams-Exploring-That-Transform/dp/1573221678

He also has an audio recording of a lecture he gave on the subject of healing dreams here, in case anyone is interested. http://noetic.org/library/audio-lectures/healing-dreams-marc-ian-barasch-part-1-of/

justy

That's great advice Dreambirdie - my dreams often seem to talk to me about my health - about 12 years ago i had a dream that a consultant in a white coat told me that if i didnt stop smoking i would get an incurable lung disease. I did stop within a few years, but i do now have fibrosis and scarring in my left lung - although not related to my old smoking habit, but more becuase of repeated infections and pneumonia over the years.

I think i will try asking for further clarification in my sleep tonight - that often leads to unusual places.

TC, Justy x

Hip

Several months ago, I had a dream in which I was discussing my various ME/CFS symptoms with a friend, and in this dream, the friend, with the utmost conviction, said to me: "YOU MUST TAKE THE HERB RAYMANIA."

I immediately woke up at that point, and fully remembered the dream and the absolute conviction of this treatment advice, so I scribbled down the word RAYMANIA on my notepad beside my bed, and went back to sleep. (RAYMANIA was only my guess at the spelling, because I only heard the name of the herb verbally in my dream).

The next day on awaking, I checked Google for herbs with a similar name, and found that there is a Chinese herb called Rehmannia, which seemed like a perfect phonetic match. Rehmannia glutinosa is the full botanical name. I had never heard of this obscure herb before in my life.

I looked up the properties of Rehmannia, and found that it boosts the brain cell growth factor GDNF, it reduces inflammation in the central nervous system, and inhibits TNF-alpha and IL-1 (which are known to be high in ME/CFS). These seemed like potentially very useful properties for ME/CFS.

So, not wanting to ignore this very specific advice given to me in a dream, I ordered some Rehmannia. When it arrived, I was very excited, and felt sure that my dream intelligence would not let me down.

However, soon after taking some Rehmannia, I developed rather unpleasant stomach pains. I thought this pain might just be temporary, perhaps lasting just until I had digested the herb, but in fact this pain remained for over a week, even though I only took one dose of the herb. (There are some natural toxins in the herb that I believe might be the cause of this pain, and I read that if Rehmannia does cause you abdominal pain, you should discontinue use).

So this is strange. On the one hand, my dream was highly specific in naming an obscure herb I had never heard of before; but then when I actually bought and tried that herb, its side effects prohibited me from using it.

I wish I could find a way to prevent the stomach pains, because I am so curious to try this herb whose name my dreaming mind seems to pluck out of the ether.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Hip--That's a very interesting dream, and fascinating that it directed you to take a specific herb. The thing about Chinese herbs that you may or may not know, is that single herbs are almost never prescribed. The formulas I have taken from my TCM practitioners are multi-herb formulas. That makes them much more balanced.

Also, there is a big difference btwn the raw and the processed forms of rehmannia. One (the raw ) is used to clear heat and the other (cooked form) is used as a tonic. The point is that Chinese herbs are complicated. It would be a good idea to talk to a TCM practitioner before taking any of these herbs.

Hip

Hi Hip--That's a very interesting dream, and fascinating that it directed you to take a specific herb. The thing about Chinese herbs that you may or may not know, is that single herbs are almost never prescribed. The formulas I have taken from my TCM practitioners are multi-herb formulas. That makes them much more balanced.

That sounds like a possible solution to this, thanks Dreambirdie. I will try to find an appropriate Chinese herbal formula, so that I can combine the right herbs with Rehmannia. I did take ginger with Rehmannia, as this was recommended to make it easier on the stomach (but it did not help me!)

Also, there is a big difference btwn the raw and the processed forms of rehmannia. One (the raw) is used to clear heat and the other (cooked form) is used as a tonic.

I noticed that raw and cooked Rehmannia are quite different in their effects. I bought raw Rehmannia (sheng di huang) because this was the one that works in the brain, and is anti-inflammatory, which seems more appropriate for ME/CFS; I read that cooked Rehmannia (shu di huang) is good for the blood (increases red blood cells).

But I also understand that cooked Rehmannia is not so harsh on the body as raw is..... so perhaps I ought to try cooked Rehmannia, and in an appropriate formula.

By the way, I really like what you said earlier in this thread, namely:
asking your dream for information about the major underlying issue with your health is called "dream incubation," and it's been used since the times of the ancient Greeks in their healing temples. .... Asking for a dream to tell you what you need to do about a particular health or life issue can give some remarkably useful information at times.

I occasionally begin a day by focusing some intentional energy, willing that I receive some important or beneficial information that will help me achieve the aim of better health. I get the feeling that often these intentional requests are answered. But I have never thought of seeding such an intention before going to sleep. Dream incubation sounds like a very good idea, and from what you say, a practice dating back to antiquity. I think Freud once called dreams "the royal road to the unconscious", and since all this extra-sensory information appears to come from the unconscious, dreams must be a good path for accessing it.

taniaaust1

Wow! so many interesting replies. I had a look at totem animals on the net to find out more about crocodile energy - very much as Jah posts above. Apparently they are a rare totem. I agree that they could be pointing to the 'hidden' beneath the surface problem. I have long since felt parasites could be an issue for me - although i have no idea where i would have got them from. As pointed out by Lala above, i did have a terrible reaction to the antiparasitic mebendazole, which is only supposed to happen in cases of severe infestation - i spent an entire night writihing in agony with what felt like something inside me thrashing and fighting for life. I believe on that occasion it won.

As another said, could be a tapeworm. When we were children all 3 of my sisters caught tapeworm from our local water (I was the only child not affected), my sister ended up clearing one out which was over 1 metre long (in case you dont know metres there, one metre is more then half most peoples height).

My exboyfriend. I got a fright during the night one night as I saw a tapeworm head? an inch out of his anus.. and it was big (my thumb thickness), it went back up as I got him to wake up.. or maybe me switching the light right on disturbed it (and he then didnt do anything about it either, wouldnt listen and was in denial over what I saw)

Actually the more I think about this the more Im surprised Ive never got tapeworm **fingers crossed that's the case*... (we used to eat a lot of uncooked pork too). The reason I may of been able to avoid getting tapeworm as a child when all my sisters did (note my boyrfriend drank that water too).. was due to I hardly ever drank water at home as I hated the taste of the local tap water.. I used to drink rain water at school and then not drink at night except for fruit juice and milk.

I had a "vision" (I was awake) of what I think was a huge maggot head looking right up me a few months ago.. and also have dreamed of various parasites (when I dream Im affected by parasites, Im seeing 2-3 kinds in my dream).. Actually the more i think about it the more it creeps me out. I'll try to find one of the parasite dreams Ive had in the past 6 months and post it here later.

I just have put the parasite dream symbolics from my dreams down to probably things eatting me away eg things in life bothering me, preying on my mind and energy.

I read something interesting thou not long ago (after I had the vision of the big maggot thing not before) that many Morgellon's cases are due to the people being fly struck in some way and they dont know it, certain fly lava paratizes humans. (I had Morgellon's in the past as a coexisting thing to the ME but dont have it anymore).