• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hole In One

john66

I am crashing like hell right now, but I just got my first hole in one this afternoon. A church friend runs an outing for a son that he lost. All money goes to childrens charities. Golf was my sport and I still can play a few rounds a year. When I was alive, it was my passion and I loved the meditative part of it. I miss it so much. These next few days are going to be the best crash ever.

GracieJ

Well, if you have to crash, way to go!! I hope it is not too bad or too long. Enjoy everything else you can while it lasts.

I am so glad when I hear stories like this. It is sad that we wait till someone dies to really wake up to what is needed, but that is how it goes, I guess. My stepson died from cancer at the age of 14, and I do two things regularly to remember him. The first one, every aluminum tab I come across goes into a container at home to contribute to Ronald McDonald House here locally for its expenses. The second thing I do is also related -- almost all my pocket change goes to the same place whenever I find a collection box. I have long wanted to add a third action, that of making a gingerbread house each year to go to the Festival of Trees, a fund-raiser for the children's hospital. Hasn't happened, too much work right now.

Keep up the golfing!!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
atleast u have a good reason to crash and u had some fun. it really sux when u dont know why u crashed or u had no fun to induce the crash:(
Valium sandwich before bed may help u recover quicker??

john66

Thanks guys , I got the oxycodone, ambien sandwich going, as well as the pepto bismol. When ever I crash, digestion goes first. Then I get arrythmias from how bloated my stomach gets. it gets awesomer. My wife knew not to say to pace yourself or you really shouldnt do those types of things "you know you are going to crash" yup

Nielk

John,

I hope your crash doesn't last too long. Doesn't it feel great though to be able to do a good deed - to actually be able to make a difference? I'm proud of you.:thumbsup:

john66

get-attachment.aspx

john66

Thank is a pic, right after the shot. It was on North Hills CC in Manhassett NY. I didnt believe them when they said hole in one, hole in one!. Only when I picked it up out of the cup it sunk in. Today was a bed and couch day. I took my wife to dinner and we sam The Master.. Legs, and lower back are as if they are rented and trying on for the first time. My brain is at 30% speed. I should have taken xanax, last night, over stimulation leads to palpitations in me, which scares the sh=tout of me which always leads to me pacing, trying to measure pulse and should I go to the ER. When I get like this-when I close my eyes it is like flashbulbs going off.

*GG*

Have you ever tried any "mild" immune modulators? Vitamin D and Low Dose Naltrexone come to mind.

GG

john66

GG, I have tried vitamin d and ldn. For some reason, I can not seem to get vitamin d above 30. Even while taking large doses. I tried LDN a few years ago=never seemed to do much besides make hair and nails grow like crazy and crazier dreams.

*GG*

What's up with your Vitamin D not going higher than 30? Sounds really odd. I know this guy in one of my support groups, and he gets all stiff he says if he takes Vitamin D, he cannot take it at all. I wonder what the natural way would do, or a tanning bed?

How long did you do the LDN for? Did you go up to the 4.5mgs? I have been on it for over 3 years, and I do a bunch of other things, and I just keep getting better, lots of work, but it's finally starting to pay off. I have been ill for over 9 years now!

GG