• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klimas' clinic tests and results

maddietod

I just got my test results from Dr. Rey.

Tests done at the Miami lab:

CXP Panel: I don't know what most of this is testing, but here's the information:
Total B, T (3 tests), NK cells: normal.
CD8 + CD11a+ isCD4 is low. CD4 Ancour CD45RA-CD62L is high for "region D1," low for "region D2," and high for "region E1."
CD8+CD95+ is low. CD4+CD38+is high. CD8+CD38+ is low. She put a note here saying
"viral reactivation." CD8+CD28 is high. CD2+CD26 is low.

NK Cell: Total numbers are normal, activity is low (5.63%, normal mean 13% +/- 8).

Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen IgG: 31.68 (upper limit is 20); positive "monochrome antibody."
Epstein-Barr VCA IgM: very low negative "monoacute antibody"

HHV-6: 1.76, positive (>1.00).

Complete Blood Count: Total white blood cells, HGB, HCT, and PLT low end of normal range or barely under.

Tests done at my local lab (Quest):

Parvovirus 1.30 (positive >1.1) for chronic; negative for acute.

Cytomegalovirus negative for chronic and for active.

Vitamin D (tested total, D3, and D2); I'm low normal despite supplementing for a year. I'm adding 2,000IU in drops.

TSH and T3 (4 tests total), normal

Cortisol, AM normal (18.6, range 4-22) **I've had the 4x/day saliva test done, and I was low-normal am, high-normal pm, on that test.

Coxsackie (6 tests), negative

Gliadin (2 tests, to see if I should test for celiac disease), negative

Lyme:
"as screen" 1.73, positive, over 1.1
"Lyme antibodies, IGG, IGM, Western Blot," only reactive on band 41 [1 out of 10]
"Lyme disease AB (IGM) WB (western blot?)" positive, bands 23 and 41 reactive [2 out of 3]

Hepatitis B and C, negative

She's treating the Lyme with 6 months of doxycycline (100 2ce a day), then re-testing almost everything. She doesn't want to treat the viral activations until the lyme is controlled.

I didn't understand most of the CXP panel, but other than that it's a pretty clear picture.

I hope this is useful information, and I also hope you'll all tell me what you notice/think.

Madie

maddietod

Yes, Heaps - I'm wondering about doing some natural antivirals while on the abx. See how low I can get my numbers by the time she re-tests me. Any thoughts?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I would go the real deal,maybe start with something like famvir and look into valcyte if no response from famvir. famvir is really safe and has some effect against all the herpes viruses. Just getting the viral load down could help free up your immune system to fight the other bugs. I dont know if there are any descent natural antivirals other then lysine for cold sores. Acutally artesunate has activity against herpes viruses and can get it off iherb too and maybe oxymatrine but dont have experience with oxymatrine but have been on artesunate for a week or so...
The tests and all and seeing Klimas i think things will start getting better for you.

cheers!!!

maddietod

She doesn't want to start the antiviral treatment while dealing with Lyme. Said something about protecting my stomach.

I only know about oil of oregano........which is hard on the stomach...........and monolaurin which likely isn't.

maddietod

Heaps, I'll take a look at artesunate. If it only targets herpes, monolaurin might be a better choice. If I can only do one [I have no idea about that].

Meryl, I took this: http://www.amazon.com/Lauricidin®-P...TF8&qid=1347717456&sr=8-2&keywords=monolaurin a few years ago. I didn't notice any result, but.......well, that happens all the time, and XYZ still might be helping. I'm already taking a tablespoon of salmon oil daily for inflammation and omega-3s, so I don't want to add more oil!

Seven7

Seven
Madie, OLE is STRONG!!! I put the drop ones in my tea, but you need about 3g a day (somebody confirm plz).

I love OLE, I feel the herx a little but once the herx passes I feel better than when I started. If I do low dose then no herx. I do kefir (lactose free) to protect stomach.

SOC

Just a thought -- Dr Rey knows her business. You might want to follow her thinking and hold off on the OTC antivirals until you can see the effect of the doxy. Sometimes changing too many things at once confuses the picture. It becomes difficult to tell exactly what is working or causing problems.

It's so very, very hard to be patient, isn't it. :D Now that I'm feeling a little better all the time, I want to push it to go faster. I can see the possibility of being nearly normal and I want it NOW, lol!

maddietod

Good call, SOC!

Dr. Rey won't communicate by email because their email isn't secure. Makes sense. So I found a $40 fax machine, and I'm going to set that up to communicate with her.

I plan on collecting all of my Lyme related questions, and faxing them all to her at once. The whole issue of anti-viral supplements will be in there too.

SOC

Oh crud, no email communication? I'm having trouble getting my phone appt to work at the moment. Communication between NOVA and Klimas/Rey's office is not perfect, yet. I was hoping to consult by email until administrative issues settle out. Oh, well. Maybe I'll have to get a fax machine, too. :)

maddietod

On my Lyme test, I'm only positive IGG on one band. On the IGM, 2 of 3 bands are positive.

Does this mean that my Lyme is due to a recent infection?

maddietod

I just talked with Dr. Rey, and yes, this is a recent infection. Probably from this spring, which is the last time I did any gardening. I'm looking for a local lyme doctor........yay! Another doctor :eek:.