• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

no XMRV in vaccines?

natasa778

Thanks Daffodil

full paper here

analysis of this 91-bp pro sequence identified a distinct gammaretrovirus that is equidistant from
murine endogenous retroviruses (mERVs), XMRV, and MLV sharing only 7275% nucleotide and amino acid identity (data not
shown).

the presence of particle associated JEV RNA in the two vaccines was confirmed

A 365-bp sequence with 99% nucleotide identity to
a human genomic region (GenBank accession no. AJ289710)
annotated as the human endogenous retrovirus type H was also
present in the JEV vaccine and most likely represents human DNA
Contamination

There are other mouse-derived biological products that may be
at a higher risk of carrying MLV, such as monoclonal antibodies
(mAbs) that are used in humans for the treatment of cancer,
inflammatory, and autoimmune diseases [30]. Indeed, mouse
hybridomas that have been shown to be contaminated with
endogenous xenotropic MLVs [30], but the production of mouse
mAbs for clinical use requires purification steps that inactivate and
remove viral particles. Our study is also limited by the testing of
only eight vaccines and does not include other live attenuated
vaccines that have a history of passage in rodents, such as early
versions of the oral polio vaccine. We also did not test master virus
seed stocks (MVSS) and master cell banks (MCB) used in the
manufacture of the live attenuated vaccines from our study since
these materials were not readily available.

Although we did not find XMRV or MLV in any of the eight
vaccines, our data reveal that the live attenuated JEV vaccine (SA-
14-14-2) contains multiple hamster genomic DNA and endogenous
gammaretrovirus sequences that are distantly related to MLV.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tony Mach

Show me the evidence.
Argh!! I've probably got Multiple Mad Hampster Virus, I've completely lost my ability to run on wheels in cages and all my whiskers seem to have dropped off!!

I think you just suffer from Excessive Wheel Running Burnout. You should reduce stress and try gradually running more and more.

But seriously.

analysis of this 91-bp pro sequence identified a distinct gammaretrovirus that is equidistant from
murine endogenous retroviruses (mERVs), XMRV, and MLV sharing only 7275% nucleotide and amino acid identity (data not
shown).

the presence of particle associated JEV RNA in the two vaccines was confirmed

This just shows that they can find certain viruses in vaccines, but they don't find them in humans. The conspiracy nuts claimed these scientist are only able to find VP62, so I wonder what kind of spin the conspiracy nuts try to run with now to slander these scientists.

Oh, I know "VACCCINZES ARE CUSING CFS!!!11! FOR REALZ!!!1!"

Except that all the flu-like onset cases indicate no correlation with vaccine-shots whatsoever. It is bad that there was contamination of vaccines, but that's not the cause of ME/CFS.

PS: And oh, looky look! Gene-sequences! Distinctively different! Doesn't seem to be so difficult to do gene-sequencing and report the results. Only the scientist formerly working in Reno seemed not to be bothered with such a menial task in order to back up her claims.

Tristen

I found it quite surprising that the CDC would so quickly be involved in such a study. Even though it's their job to protect public health, they don't have a very good tract record of being this responsible, especially with vaccine safety.

It's a minority having a vaccine trigger for me/cfs, but it's not uncommon. Still, trigger is one thing, and cause is another (unless of course me/cfs truly is set off by a perfect storm of circumstances without a single cause).

I feel it would be a mistake to not take the possibility of vaccine involvement seriously. I'm relieved to see researchers outside the CDC involved in this study....but much more is needed on this. Further research on vaccine involvement is imperative.

alex3619

Hi Tony Mach, as I have said before, the incubation period in epidemics does NOT rule out vaccine retrovirus induced causation. I am not saying its a cause either, but its not ruled out. This conclusion is based upon a simplistic model of presumed incubation. But which virus is the incubation period for? The retrovirus, or the triggering virus? It could easily be that the observed incubation period in ME epidemics, and other issues with vaccines in ME patients, may not be for the causal factor at all. This is a presumption. Bye, Alex

currer

Hi Daffodil,
Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering about this research by Switzer, as I wondered whether these vaccines had in fact even been passaged in mice, but the blog by Jamie Deckoff Jones answers this question.
http://treatingxmrv.blogspot.com/

There is a reference on her blogpost to the Miyazawa research on animal vaccines you remember.

There have been concerns that human cell lines used in labs to grow vaccines could become contaminated with MLVs.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0003144
This is mentioned in the disccussion section.
There is no evidence from this Switzer paper to show this type of contamination.