• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The betaine HCL could be causing your anger. It boosts methylation. When I first took betaine, in the form of TMG, it caused massive anxiety and made me extremely hyper!

Methylation increases neurotransmitters like epinephrine, dopamine etc. Which could easily make somebody feel angry and aggressive.

LINK

Jim
Well I know too much tyrosine causes anger. I also know that when I took the methylation b vitamin it caused anger. I think I took methyl b12 not sure now.

ljimbo423

Well I know too much tyrosine causes anger. I also know that when I took the methylation b vitamin it caused anger. I think I took methyl b12 not sure now.

Yes, tyrosine also increases epinephrine/nor-epinephrine and methyl B12 or methylfolate increase methylation, which increases these neurotransmitters.

So you might want to keep that in mind when thinking about supplements that increase methylation and those neurotransmitters.:)

Jim

BadBadBear

Yes, tyrosine also increases epinephrine/nor-epinephrine and methyl B12 or methylfolate increase methylation, which increases these neurotransmitters.

So you might want to keep that in mind when thinking about supplements that increase methylation and those neurotransmitters.:)

Jim

Thanks for the info, Jim. I am an over-methylator and generally don't take much mB12, maybe that's part of my bad reaction. I also have a bad reaction to tyrosine, it's too stimulating for me.

ChrisD

This diet is too fascinating to ignore! https://www.instagram.com/p/BnFQ4JyA6Qo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
This guy suffered from Ulcerative Colitis, another condition which involves low microbiome diversity, went carnivore and has found and increased microbiome diversity as a consequence.

Obviously it's just an N=1 anecdote but would it explain why so many people are doing well on this type of diet for autoimmune disease, that plant fibres are immune triggers that cause inflammation and maybe even allow bad bacteria to proliferate and stunts the growth of good colonies? That by removing these triggers, new colonies of good bacteria spore and proliferate in the gut?

Bansaw

My doctor actually put me on a Keto diet 13 weeks ago. Even though I didn't do that well on a Paleo. The difference is that on Keto, I don't load up on protein, but rather my focus is fat and getting enough of that.
This doctor has even put cancer patients on Keto and had good results.

My doc put me on Keto because my blood glucose was pre-diabetic. Now after 13 weeks of Keto I got tested again and my blood glucose is nearing normal. So a victory there.

My energy levels got a very slight boost in the early weeks, but I am still very fatigued. (To be honest I think my fatigue is related to my HPA axis but thats another story.)

Anyway, I'm sticking with Keto because of the good blood sugar results, and I really want to give this diet time to take an affect to see if energy improves.
(The same doc put my wife on Paleo and it just about cured her Lupus by the way).

sb4

@ChrisD Are you still flirting with this diet. I decided I would give it a shot as I may as well kill 3 birds with one stone. Ketosis, autoimmune paleo, and carnivore.

I have noticed my gastroparesis is worse so am going to try slow cooking meats in crock pot.

E.man

This diet is too fascinating to ignore! https://www.instagram.com/p/BnFQ4JyA6Qo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
This guy suffered from Ulcerative Colitis, another condition which involves low microbiome diversity, went carnivore and has found and increased microbiome diversity as a consequence.

Obviously it's just an N=1 anecdote but would it explain why so many people are doing well on this type of diet for autoimmune disease, that plant fibres are immune triggers that cause inflammation and maybe even allow bad bacteria to proliferate and stunts the growth of good colonies? That by removing these triggers, new colonies of good bacteria spore and proliferate in the gut?
N=2.
My brother has ulcerative colitis. He found eating meat better than veg.
Veg had too much fibre.

ChrisD

@ChrisD Are you still flirting with this diet. I decided I would give it a shot as I may as well kill 3 birds with one stone. Ketosis, autoimmune paleo, and carnivore.

I have noticed my gastroparesis is worse so am going to try slow cooking meats in crock pot.

What I am doing at the moment is easing into it very slowly as big changes upset my system, I think my gut isn't very adaptive. So for example a days eating yesterday consisted of a bulletproof tea for breakfast, burger/bacon/egg for lunch and Chicken with squash (low fodmap) for dinner - I do quite well on a days eating like this - it could be described as Keto Carnivore... I'm still a bit cautious of full carnivore as it affected me in strange ways before.

One thing is for sure, and that is that many different fibres bring back old symptoms, such as reintroducing brussel sprouts and Cauliflower last week brought back some skin issues, balance and coordination issues and heavier fatigue. The days when I have the clearest, cleanest energy and feel strongest are ones where I have simply had some Beef mince with lots of fat for lunch, my sinuses and chest feel clear, my head has clarity, mood is high and so on.

RE Gastroparesis, I have seen a lot of people talking about this on the FB World carnivore tribe group, might be worth doing a search in there to try and find some opinions/experiences.

ChrisD

Anyone have any thoughts on Raw foods like Cheese, Milk, Raw meats and organs? I've been eating a lot of Lamb liver for a while now and feel it makes me a bit stronger - but I am considering going raw with it to get more absorption of nutrients.

Lots of people are raving about Raw milk online for its immune boosting properties but i wonder if it would be risky for us?

Anyone have any thoughts on Raw foods like Cheese, Milk, Raw meats and organs? I've been eating a lot of Lamb liver for a while now and feel it makes me a bit stronger - but I am considering going raw with it to get more absorption of nutrients.

Lots of people are raving about Raw milk online for its immune boosting properties but i wonder if it would be risky for us?
Chris, I am on carnivore with 25mg of PREGNENOLONE ( Dr Myhill ) and have been on it for 2 weeks...How have you progressed on it?

brenda

My doc put me on Keto because my blood glucose was pre-diabetic. Now after 13 weeks of Keto I got tested again and my blood glucose is nearing normal. So a victory there.

No not a victory. Eat a banana and see how high it goes. Insulin resistence often gets worse on a Paleo/keto diet. I eat low fat whole food plant based and can now eat as much fruit as I want with falling A1c.

lafarfelue

It's very... interesting, considering how huuuugely varied our personal experiences are with our own illness(es) and our own bodies, that there is still resistance to the idea that everyone is different and do not have the option of any other diet than the one they are currently experiencing success with. :confused::meh:

i wonder if it would be risky for us?

I really feel that there's too much risk of getting parasites from certain raw foods (raw milk being one, unless you know the source inside out and trust them). It's not so much the parasites that may be the issue for us in the end, but the treatments required to rid ourselves of parasites.. something that would be mostly fine for a healthy person might send us into relapse/crash.

outdamnspot

I mentioned this in my own thread about dietary intolerances, but has anyone here had difficulty tolerating tallow or meat drippings? I'm on day 4 and it's giving me pronounced 'allergic' symptoms (diarrhea, stuffy nose, brain fog, anxiety etc.) and I can't figure out why.

Lolo

outdamnspot I have read that too much fat causes diarrhea. I don't know about the other symptoms. I feel better without the fat. My mood improved in the first few days of carnivore and I started putting on muscle without exercising, first time in my life actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.