• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIP Dx MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT on Jun 1 !

Adam

We definitely rely on the Brits for good color commentary.

I think you need to go to the South here to get real color; I love this one I read in Clinton's autobiography "I wouldn't piss in his ear if his brain was on fire"

Thanks for the that one Cort, another colourful expression to add to our repertoire. :cool:

Where's Flex and Knackered?

On the other hand no, probablly not a good idea. :rolleyes:

Stone

I think that was there before, it's for the same culture test they have been offering, but good eye, Sam!

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Sam, that's february's test order form matey.
('Tis meant to be updated today amidst much splendour and fanfare)

Stone

We're all a bit beside ourselves. Let's just try come together and all play nice in our sandbox, even if the brownies are taking forever to come out of the oven.

redo

If you completely take down all of your website content, temporarily, then don't some website hosts just put some of their own content in the blank space?

Yes they often do. And it's the hosting company that gets the profits (which are small, in most cases, this included).

Esther12

I think the'll announce that they start a CBT/GET Centre and Weasly replaces Lombardi

"Thank you for taking part in our social experiment to see how resistant somatisers respond to purported evidence of a viral cause for their illness. The money you paid for tests was greatly appreciated.

So long suckers"

Sam Carter

ANNOUNCEMENT: June 1, 2010

VIP Dx received confirmation from representatives of the Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) that a multiplex serological assay to detect XMRV antibodies should be available for use within the next 30 days. This serological test will allow our lab to quickly and accurately determine which individuals are positive for XMRV, explained Marguerite Ross, director of marketing and client relations for VIP Dx. Discovering who is positive is an important first step in helping to determine how XMRV is impacting human health.

VIP Dx has also recently entered into an agreement to be acquired by the Whittemore Peterson Institute, and become an integral part of the Institute. The clinical laboratory will continue to operate under the name VIP Dx, until it moves to the University of Nevada's Center for Molecular Medicine in August 2010. At that time, the lab will operate within the Institute under the name Unevx, providing services and revenue to the Institute in a manner similar to other institutional clinical reference laboratories.

"Our agreement to acquire VIP Dx is the culmination of years of planning and sacrifice, said Annette Whittemore, president and founder of the Whittemore Peterson Institute. "It has always been our intent to offer a wide range of patient services, including diagnostic testing, within WPIs new facility at the University of Nevada, Reno. The addition of comprehensive clinical laboratory services will significantly strengthen the translational clinical research program providing much needed answers to patients and their doctors."

Finally, in response to thousands of requests for testing, WP Biotechnologies (WPBio), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Whittemore Peterson Institute, finalized a non-exclusive license agreement with R.E.D. Laboratories N.V. of Belgium (R.E.D. Labs) to provide XMRV testing of European patients. As part of this agreement, R.E.D. Labs will receive consulting services delivered by VIP Dx to ensure the Belgium laboratory delivers the proprietary tests with the utmost accuracy. This activity will help implement the delivery and execution of XMRV tests by virus culture for patients all across Europe, using the WPI technology, said Carli West Kinne, director of WPBio. The European market is a significant part of our plan to move the work of the WPI forward on behalf of those who are ill.

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

So my 1st prediction was correct.

* America gets the antibody test.
* Europe gets a Culture test (via the Americans).

Very useful for Europe, however not perfect - as we still don't have the antibody test.

One thought. Do us 'early bird' XMRV+ people who got negative XMRV PCR results back with a positive XMRV culture (Dec 2009/Jan 2010) still get a 'free' antibody test? (VIPdx said they would keep our blood). This was mentioned in the VIPdx test results we got back (before VIPdx pulled the PCR) and would save time, money, and effort in sending blood over to America once again.

fred

The game is afoot
“This activity will help implement the delivery and execution of XMRV tests by virus culture for patients all across Europe, using the WPI technology,” said Carli West Kinne, director of WPBio. “The European market is a significant part of our plan to move the work of the WPI forward on behalf of those who are ill.”

So, no anti-body test for Europe?

This may mean that people continue to send their blood to the US, rather than Europe. Unless it's an error.

V99

Perhaps Europe gets the antibody test when it is available. The culture test for Europe is still a good thing.

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
I have a technical question. When it comes out next month, obviously there will be hundreds of thousands of people getting it done all at the same time.

What is the probability of lab errors with that kind of a heavy load? Any lab techs reading?

I am wondering if it would be better to wait a couple more months, just to make sure they don't actually mix up my results with someone else's, or something like that.