• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Work as a software tester

raghav

Please dont mistake me. Are these genuine and not like clicking on link scams or fyips. @ebethc Are you doing this and getting paid ? I am definitely interested if they are genuine.

alkt

certainly looks like scams as it takes many hours to thoroughly test even small apps or pieces of software codes and then you would have to be experienced in quality control , to write a useful report back to said software coders.

rel8ted

User Testing & Try My UI both pay. My hub used to do those 2. User Testing seemed more like they wanted the site tried for a regular person's perspective - what do you like or hate, what features don;t seem intuitive, etc.. Try My UI if I remember right, you search out bugs and get paid per bug, but you have to be the first one to report it. The more complex the bug, the more it paid. You have to be exceptionally attentive to detail in either case. Not for those with mental fog.

ebethc

certainly looks like scams as it takes many hours to thoroughly test even small apps or pieces of software codes and then you would have to be experienced in quality control , to write a useful report back to said software coders.

not even close... 20 minutes... this is USER RESEARCH not QA.. totally different jobs/goals/expectations

at a startup, I was responsible for user research, soup to nuts... I hired testers via User Testing for remote testing. I made a script of tasks, and each test subject went thru the script... the videos were 15-25 minutes... It's a great way to get feedback fast on a new feature, etc. (BTW - I know an executive at User Testing thru a friend... nice guy.. Georgetown U grad... family guy... not exactly a used car salesman..). I also hired test subjects via craigslist to come in to our office to for focus groups.. again, not QA, not even close....I also did surveys, and so on... There are lots of user research methods, and remote testing (like recording a bunch of scripted tasks) is only one..

raghav

@ebethc My apologies for asing whether they were genuine. It was not meant to hurt your feelings. I had spent a lot of money on HYIP programs (I feel like kicking myself) and pay per click emails and found out they were all scams. Please give me the links that you had posted. Thanks.

alkt

not even close... 20 minutes... this is USER RESEARCH not QA.. totally different jobs/goals/expectations

at a startup, I was responsible for user research, soup to nuts... I hired testers via User Testing for remote testing. I made a script of tasks, and each test subject went thru the script... the videos were 15-25 minutes... It's a great way to get feedback fast on a new feature, etc. (BTW - I know an executive at User Testing thru a friend... nice guy.. Georgetown U grad... family guy... not exactly a used car salesman..). I also hired test subjects via craigslist to come in to our office to for focus groups.. again, not QA, not even close....I also did surveys, and so on... There are lots of user research methods, and remote testing (like recording a bunch of scripted tasks) is only one..
perhaps the wording of the title is not exact should be something like web page testing for ease of use software is misleading to me at least.

ebethc

perhaps the wording of the title is not exact should be something like web page testing for ease of use software is misleading to me at least.

Tester = test subject, not QA Tester... all the sites I listed were recruiting test subjects, not qa testers... it’s just not for you

Ema

deleted content; not worth the accusations. problem solved.

nope, not a scam
nope, not being paid
If it was legit, why take it down? People are allowed to ask questions. Things that are too good to be true usually are. It's not personal.

ebethc

If it was legit, why take it down? People are allowed to ask questions. Things that are too good to be true usually are. It's not personal.

It just never occurred to me that ppl can’t make their own decisions, or do their own research .. silly me... it’s all my fault and I am so sorry that I put u in that position

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi ebethc,

Understand your response, but some people have asked that the information in your opening post be restored because they wanted to follow up on it themselves--your post, up to you, but some would value the information.

ebethc

Hi ebethc,

Understand your response, but some people have asked that the information in your opening post be restored because they wanted to follow up on it themselves--your post, up to you, but some would value the information.

I would say that ppl could just google the darn services that offer this, but I can't even say that b/c, well, that would be advocating search queries on, say, google or bing, and they save search info (yes, even if you've "deleted" it) which some might say is "shady" even though it's obvious and they have to do this for homeland security / law enforcement. purposes, and, well, duh, of course they do..... that's just too much responsibility for me to take on.. it's like telling ppl there's no santa claus... not me, nope.. and if they DO make some user testing videos, I might forget to contact them to remind them to charge their phones... the more I think about it, the more land mines I can anticipate.. sorry, I wanted to just delete the damn thread, but I didn't know how... and, honestly, I'm winding down my PR participation b/c of this kind of nonsense... if you're not into something, uh, just don't participate?? does that really need to be said? I guess so. the ppl who are resourceful will figure it, and the others will find something else to bish about...