• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antiretroviral Trial

Charles555nc

Adding in the malic acid helped add more improvement to my other vitamins. I dont know yet about going back to work but Im thinking about it after 2 more solid months on these vitamins.

I felt good on gcmaf and then crashed super hard for about a month+ afterwards about a year ago. I would skip it.

Daffodil

hi charles. wow..interesting article. thank you:)

i heard that with gcmaf, some people have to wait a year for improvement...? i dont know. some are even worse after...

i have been particularly bad lately and really dont want to deal with this anymore!

i see dr.enlander next week

xoxo

Daffodil

hi charles and sushi:)

charles...i felt better after my first glutathione infusion.

the 2nd time, i added the myer's cocktail in. i have no idea if it was the glutathione or myer's cocktail that did it, but my chest started hurting so badly around the time of my 2nd infusion, that i stopped them altogether after the 3rd or 4th one.

i am having a very hard time keeping up any hope these days because my head feels so incredibly swollen. i honestly dont see how anyone could come back after 20 yrs of this.

Charles555nc

I went back to truvada to see if I could tolerate it better without the raltegravir, and the back of my head hurt so bad I had to stop after 4 days. antiretrovirals just didnt work for me.

You should take a drug break sometime Daffodil, could be making u feel worse.

Charles555nc

Sometimes I feel like im the only one posting in the phoenix forums lol.

Anyway i thought Id share some insights into what Im learning

Taking 0 supplements= gradual decay into disability/madness

Taking just mass dose vitamin c= slight energy boost

But taking mass dose vitamin c allowed me to benefit from amino acid supplements
-which then has allowed me to tolerate malic acid
-which then has allowed me to start taking glutathione
-which then has allowed me to take vitamin e (couldnt tolerate before).

Every step provides more and more benefit. I actually went to a bar last night (only had one drink). Kinda scary socializing again, I somehow expect ppl to attack me lol. One drink is alot when I havent had any in the last 5 or 6 years...now if I can just myself an attractive looking female :D

Daffodil

hi charles. sorry about how the arv's are affecting you. i am pretty sure they were brutal for me too at the start, but then i started to get better after about a year. ...but then i crashed again....

i am not really on that many drugs now, just cymbalta tenofovir & atenolol. i cant even keep track of anything else...

wonder what the heck this pathogen will turn out to be...if they find it.

Daffodil

charles..that is astounding. i know exactly how you feel about people attacking...when you havent socialized in so long its like everyone is an alien lol

i have rosacea too but never did anything for it. i know i should...i was thinking that cream ...or seeing a dermatologist..but everything falls by the wayside with the CFS. did b complex help?

xoxo

Charles555nc

Yeah I think I was riboflavin deficient. Alot of my lingering "dark thoughts" have left as well. I also take alot of vitamin c, and pro repair amino acids, which help heal your face after rosacea.

Ive taken 4 pills of b complex in 2 days to try and get over the deficiency I think I might have. idk if im crazy or not, but I think my skin looks better.

The cream for rosacea is metronidazole, which is closely related to tindamax, which I take as an anti lyme drug. Tindamax is much easier as far as side effects. I just thought it was interesting that I was taking something related to the cream.

Edit: Im also trying to bite the tip off a vitamin e pill and use it as a skin cream

Charles555nc

Benedyrl and apple cider vinegar helped my rosacea alot. But Im taking lots of other stuff as you know.

Keep up the dialogue, everyone :D

o and I did a liver flush for the first time in 8 years:

6 days taking malic acid,
7th day no fat to eat, nothing to eat after 12pm,

3 large table spoons epsom salts at 2pm

8pm half cup olive oil and half lemon juice

the next day you pass gallstones, neon green and like play dough.

gu3vara

Benedyrl and apple cider vinegar helped my rosacea alot. But Im taking lots of other stuff as you know.

Keep up the dialogue, everyone :D

o and I did a liver flush for the first time in 8 years:

6 days taking malic acid,
7th day no fat to eat, nothing to eat after 12pm,

3 large table spoons epsom salts at 2pm

8pm half cup olive oil and half lemon juice

the next day you pass gallstones, neon green and like play dough.

I did one liver flush in the pass, I puke the mix during the night, nasty...! Still I got plenty of those gallstones that are not really gallstones, they are composed of bile salts, lemon juice and olive oil. I don't deny it can have some benefits but it's pretty harsh on the body and taking that much epson salt is not without risk (and digusting too).

mellster

Marco
I have to agree on the Vitamin C - whenever I have enough time to remember to take a mass dosage throughout the day it seems to help with a lot of different symptoms in unexpected ways, such as removing extreme fatigue and lightheadedness after workout/exertion and enable better thinking and interacting at work. This one's a winner.

Sometimes I feel like im the only one posting in the phoenix forums lol.

Anyway i thought Id share some insights into what Im learning

Taking 0 supplements= gradual decay into disability/madness

Taking just mass dose vitamin c= slight energy boost

But taking mass dose vitamin c allowed me to benefit from amino acid supplements
-which then has allowed me to tolerate malic acid
-which then has allowed me to start taking glutathione
-which then has allowed me to take vitamin e (couldnt tolerate before).

Every step provides more and more benefit. I actually went to a bar last night (only had one drink). Kinda scary socializing again, I somehow expect ppl to attack me lol. One drink is alot when I havent had any in the last 5 or 6 years...now if I can just myself an attractive looking female :D

Charles555nc

I did one liver flush in the pass, I puke the mix during the night, nasty...! Still I got plenty of those gallstones that are not really gallstones, they are composed of bile salts, lemon juice and olive oil. I don't deny it can have some benefits but it's pretty harsh on the body and taking that much epson salt is not without risk (and digusting too).

Usually when ppl try to discredit liver flushes, they say its just the lemon juice and olive oil mixed together (I dont even use lemon juice half the time). But you seem to have added bile salts which is the (kinda strange) middle ground between saying its worthless and its effective. Epsom salts are disgusting taste wise but perfectly safe. I guess I could just try large doses of magnesium supplements instead.

Anyway,

Im actually taking apple cider vinegar, and regular folic acid (800) 3 times a day now and adding to my amount Im recovering. And I plan to do another liver flush today because I didnt pass many stones 4 or 5 days ago.

gu3vara

Usually when ppl try to discredit liver flushes, they say its just the lemon juice and olive oil mixed together (I dont even use lemon juice half the time). But you seem to have added bile salts which is the (kinda strange) middle ground between saying its worthless and its effective.

That's what I said I think it is, not worthless but not effective the way some think it is. It's probably excellent to purge the liver of all its bile and create fresh bile, it cleans up the liver, I'm quite sure of it. I'm 100% convinced that those are not stones, some people with real gallstones reported passing some hard stones among those soft balls and I believe it's true, though I would be scare that a stone could block the bile duct and then you would have to run to the hospital in pain. Hence the epsom salt to relax the duct.

People are still passing hundred of those stones after 25 flushes, makes no sense, the gallbladder isn't that big.

Regarding the epsom salt, there was a medical report from a person who died from taking this dose. I could probably find the link again. I guess that she had a kidney failure from it and was susceptible to it but it's worth thinking about it twice.