• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antiretroviral Trial

Charles555nc

I had a single amalagram removed years ago, and I did chelation for just about everything alot back then too. I take the ALA more for its anti viral effects, than anything else(only 100mg). Thank you for your interest!

Charles555nc

Daffodil!!

I know 100% you answered this before, but how long did it take u to see the "bigger" results with antiretrovirals?

My nerves hurt all over :(

Also update us about yourself :D

Daffodil

hi charles....im sorry you are having a hard time. it took me over a year. i spoke to a doctor who is treating some patients with ARV's and he said he is also noticing that it takes over a year to see results if the person has been sick a long time.

as for me, i am not well and now cannot even remember if i am better than before the ARV's. the last 2 days have been spent entirely in bed and i have chest pains all the time, perhaps because of the AZT. i am on only 200 mg BID now but i guess i will stop it altogether. maybe the valcyte is making me worse, who knows.

i am becoming more and more hopeless.

i hope you are able to hang in there with the ARV's.....they did help me, at least for a while. there might be something else going on with me.

Charles555nc

Really hope you decide to stop taking the valcyte and give the vitamin c and/or chelation a try.

I think it was a year and a half ago where I was very suicidal, couldnt think of anything else to try and went for an iv EDTA chelation treatment in Asheville, NC...I starting laughing and smiling mid way through the iv, and felt alot better.

Ofc i couldnt afford to do that every week, so I bought the suppositories. They arent a cure by any means, but they make life alot less miserable for me.

Daffodil

hi charles. thanks:) valcyte helped a little years ago..i guess that's why i'm trying it again. it is almost impossible for me to keep up with any supplements - it doesnt matter how many charts i make - i just cant. i am always sleeping or a zombie. what i want to do is get the myer's cocktail if i can afford it, maybe every other week. i will also need the energy to go the clinic to get it. i am going to look into that. i think there's a whole bunch of vitamin c in it.

xoxo

taniaaust1

Hi Daff, I too want to try Myer's Cocktail at some point. I did have print off info of all of what its got in it but I currently dont know where it is.. if I find it.. I'll let you know the link

Daffodil

hi all. so after feeling hopeless for a few days and getting suicidal and stuff, i am back. i feel especially horrible right now, perhaps from valcyte? inflammation way up. i hope that i didnt ruin things by stopping tenofovir. i stopped azt again.

anyway, i am in the awful situation of having no known virus to treat but i think i am gonna stay on valcyte and add famvir if my doctor lets me. i cant believe i am taking valcyte even though my early antigen test was negative...but i just have to do something or i will go insane.

also, there is the fact that my TNF-a went from 4559.7 to 22.7 on the Vistide....???

i keep wondering if i should see peterson. it would cost me so much with the testing and travel..i would be doing it only for the spinal tap...he does all the same testing i have already done.

maybe i would be better off spending the money on myer's cocktail. i would love to get HBOT treatments but 40 sessions would cost like $10K or more.

i really dont want to go the GcMAF or Ampligen route. i would spend everything in about a year and then that would be it. too risky. I'd also have to move for ampligen which is out of the question.

i spoke to a fellow who did not respond to vistide OR ampligen!!! scary. i think that would be me too.

i just need to find a way to hold on until more study results come out...assuming my body doesnt give out. i really feel close to death right now.

sorry to be a downer again!

gu3vara

Have you ever had a methylation panel done Daffodil? I'd be curious to see about your gluthatione and sam-e levels, I bet they are very low.

All those meds you took over the last years probably put and even bigger strain on your body with the impaired detox pathways we have. Perhaps it's not enough for everybody to only go after the bugs.

Starting the methylation protocol and keep on doing antiviral is what I would do personally. I don't think you are on methylfolate, right?

globalpilot

I agree with this poster and was going to mention glutathione. It is scary how low mine has gotten too and I have seen several studies showing various viruses deplete glutathione. And also that restoring glutathione can be antiviral.

There is a recipe to make liposomal glutathone and it is very cheap compared to buying liposomal glutathione. This form goes right to the cells and the technology is used for a cancer drug to deliver to the brain so it should also pass the BBB.

Maybe it will make you feel better so you can do your research without feeling like crap.
Have you ever had a methylation panel done Daffodil? I'd be curious to see about your gluthatione and sam-e levels, I bet they are very low.

All those meds you took over the last years probably put and even bigger strain on your body with the impaired detox pathways we have. Perhaps it's not enough for everybody to only go after the bugs.

Starting the methylation protocol and keep on doing antiviral is what I would do personally. I don't think you are on methylfolate, right?

gu3vara

How can you make the liposomal gluthatione globalpilot? Is it with lecithin and some kind of jewelry tool? I heard from that recently, people were doing liposomal vitamin C with this technique, maybe it was from you, not sure...!

Daffodil

thanks guys. i found a place that would give me 50% off HBOT...about 4K for 40 sessions...but i read that everything it helps comes right back after stopping the treatment. the improvements don't even seem to last a few months...so maybe i will skip that.

i made appt for myer's cocktail....i will ask about IV glutathion too but doubt i can afford both. my gluathion was normal when it was tested 4 yrs ago but i am sure it isnt now. of course the naturopaths who do the myer's cocktail here charge an arm and a leg ugh.

i wonder if tenofovir will help this time around. the last time, my NK cell function went up to 60...but i have to wonder if that was a a lab error!

so the nightmare continues...i find myself sleeping most of the day and night now and dread opening my eyes.

Charles555nc

Well if it ever gets too terrible Daffodil,

25 grams sodium ascorbate in one day of the week
One edta suppository in on day of the week

You can handle doing that once a week.

Garentee you'll feel alot better, but it probably wont cure u either.

I would try the Hbot and see if it works for you, but if its not significant improvement I wouldnt put alot of money into (Ive tried it).

Daffodil

hi charles. thanks:) sodium ascorbate ..is that a form of vitamin C?

i heard edta suppositories can be dangerous....is it for chelation? what if you dont have any metal problems?

thanks!
xoxo

Daffodil

i once read that abscorbic acid (form of vitamin C??) can eradicate the feline leukemia virus if its given very early after infection. cant find where i read it now..

so maybe this myer's cocktail might help a little...if we do have a virus like that one.

i should have paid more attention when people recommended high dose vitamin C to me before! (charles i think it might have been you!)

i am dreading the idea that lipkin will not find a new pathogen and the same old herpes viruses. ohhhh God we need help!