• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Self help sites for patients with ME/CFS

At a recent meeting, I spoke to Dr. Charles Lapp from Hunter Hopkins Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. “Following three small epidemics of a chronic Fatigue illness in the Raleigh area, Dr. Lapp began collaborating with Dr. Paul Cheney in 1987, and from 1992 to 1995 Dr. Lapp acted as Medical Director of the Cheney Clinic in Charlotte.” Dr Lapp is a seasoned internist who specializes in treating patients with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS at the Hunter Center which he opened in 1995.

Dr. Lapp has developed two self help sites for patients with the disease. The first site, treatcfsfm.org “is a free self-study course which guides patients step by step through the process of creating an individualized treatment plan.” The second site, cfidsselfhelp.org provides 6 online courses geared to patients with ME/CFS.

Last edited:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Dr. Lapp has developed two self help sites for patients with the disease. The first site, treatcfsfm.org “is a free self-study course which guides patients step by step through the process of creating an individualized treatment plan.” The second site, cfdsselfhelp.org provides 6 online courses geared to patients with ME/CFS.

Welcome! The second site should be www.cfidsselfhelp.org.