• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Now very severe HELP

Cheesus

Hi Martin,

I know what this situation is like. I have been there. It is honestly awful. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

I really wish I had some sage advice that would help you stage a rapid return to your previous level of activity. I am optimistic that you will return to that level - most people who crash this badly do! However, it takes time. Really the best thing you can do now is rest. Listen to your body. If you know how to meditate, now is a very good time to practice.

Hang in there man! This too shall pass.

Countrygirl

Hi @MartinDH .

I am so sorry you have becomes so ill! I can only echo @Cheesus comments. I too have been there..........again and again..........as have so many of us.......I recall not having the strength or energy to even turn over in bed...............it does eventually improve, but it is hell being so ill. I recall that my dream was to become well enough to sit in an armchair beside my bed for a while. Eventually, I remember the great sense of achievement in being able accomplish that for a whole minute before collapsing back into bed. Slowly, slowly the situation improves, but it can't be hurried. I relied on talking books to get me through as I waited for better times. You may find them of use too. A mobile library delivered them to my door as I couldn't leave my room. Perhaps there is a similar service where you live.

I wish you a very speedy improvement.

As Cheesus says, 'this too shall pass'.....it does in its own time.

Sundancer

try to not be scared, I've been there, when you get scared you make it worse. ( I know it's hard) Do you have someone to care for you?

Drink enough, a bottle with a straw can help, as you can drink without moving.
Eat fluids, pureed soups, very soft porridge, make it very easy for you digestion.
I agree with @Cheesus , rest. Do not try to do anything that is not absolutely needed.

If you have them, use sups that can lower the stressreaction, for me that's magnesium/gaba/glycine. You'll hopefully know which ones work for you

would that I could help you
much love

Shoshana

Northern USA
I have been there, too. It took a long time, but I have had some very gradual improvements from that extreme.

Try to be sure you have your basic body needs met. Water, nutrition... when you can.

Perhaps some nutrients in a powder to dilute and drink. Or pureed foods, which take less stamina, to eat and digest.

Anything that would help you to relax or to feel some positive, such as very soft quiet gentle music?

Hang in there!

Shoshana

Northern USA
I have trouble with sounds and music, also, so I totally understand, and that makes the hours longer,
and allows more fear in. :cry:

Was just trying to think of anything that might be a relaxing distraction for you.
Are you able to put things you like into search engine,

and look at the pictures to think about each one?

I have not tried that type of food, but it sounds excellent to try it!

Shoshana

Northern USA
How long has your movement been so little?
I have been that way,
and still am at times, but when I wait it out, I get a few minutes now and then, that I can get up very briefly,
and with help.

Very glad your parents help you.
But I know it does not take away the misery.

We are all thinking of you!

Stretched

@Shoshana i cant get up with help
Yes i am visualizing nice memories... but it is really hard
‘Sorry to see this so bad. Geez, it’s got to be awful. In commiserating, I think beyond any of my own personal recollections. No advice - can’ think of anything but nothingness.
Maybe old time home remedies could soften the situation, like home cooked chicken soup and some easy upbeat tunes. Take it slow and imagine an open field with
fowl rising on a cool autumn morning... . That will be you, soon.

Gingergrrl

I am sorry to hear this @MartinDH and hoping you start to feel some relief soon. I was curious about the astronauts food that you said your doctor brought you. What does this involve? Were you getting allergic reactions to food?

Please forgive me if I have confused you with someone else, but were you the one who said that when your psoriasis was better, your other symptoms got worse or you would crash? If so, is that the case this time, too? I was always curious about this from an autoimmune perspective and what it might mean?

Wayne

What can I do???

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear how difficult things are for you, and I wish I had some answers for you. It seems we all have certain things that help us, but that are not pertinent to another person with CFS. When things get difficult for me, my main goal is to try to stay calm; to somehow maintain an equanimity. We all have our own ways of doing that, but it seems this dreaded disease is always sending us off into uncharted territory. I wish you the very best as you work your way through these trying times. :hug:

Last edited:

mrquasar

Cant stand up... Not Even a Second ... cant sit... how do you solve the toilet issue?
My parents caring

One solution is a bedpan, which would require someone to roll you on your side to put it in place for you to use. https://www.wikihow.com/Position-a-Bedpan. The other solution I read from another very severe patient was using a large heavy duty trash bag while lying/sitting on the edge of the bed.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I am sorry to hear this @MartinDH and hoping you start to feel some relief soon. I was curious about the astronauts food that you said your doctor brought you. What does this involve? Were you getting allergic reactions to food?

Please forgive me if I have confused you with someone else, but were you the one who said that when your psoriasis was better, your other symptoms got worse or you would crash? If so, is that the case this time, too? I was always curious about this from an autoimmune perspective and what it might mean?

I am too weak to eat. Its called fresubin
Yes I don’t have pso since last year

MEPatient345

@MartinDH Im afraid I don’t have any great advice bc there is nothing to do but wait it out. Do you know why you suddenly worsened? I read some of your older posts and you had been q active before, do you think you overdid it? I did that in my first two years and ended up bedridden. The only thing to do is accept where you are and take all the help from your roommates that you can, and rest rest rest. You kept saying “I have to get out of this crash” in earlier posts.. I think it’s important to not rush it, and let go of that drive, as you may end up overdoing it.

i hope things ease for you soon.. we are all here for you..