• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Huge energy today with Grapefruit and Ubiquinol (Coenzyme Q10). We'll see about tomorrow.

BeautifulDay

Really interested to see your long term benefits from this. Your body may begin repairing other areas with the extra energy

I'm hoping that is the case. I've been watching to see if my anhidrosis (no sweating on face and calves) changes, or diabetes insipidus (severe thirst which I believe is my body's way of clearing out the extra toxins from the aminoaciduria), or my red cheeks (malar-ish rash) starts to clear up, etc.... Nothing happening with those yet. But I'm hopeful that one or some might get better.

I'm still having headaches and pressure with storms and barometer changes. But today it just took one tylenol to get rid of the headache. Usually, it's the combo of tylenol and then an hour later ibuprofin and then later ice on the head -- and then the heachache never completely goes away and I have to keep medicating to keep the crazy pain away for at least a full day. But today just one dose. Maybe it wasn't that big of a storm and would have been a mild headache anyway. But it's something I plan on watching. I read an article that explained how some doctors believe ubiquinol helps headaches.

The intermittent gastroparesis hasn't shown up in the last week. That's nice - but then it might not have anyway.

Today, I was able to walk at 3.1 mph for 30 minutes and then another 30 minutes with a little rest in between. It feels so good to be able to accomplish my full exercise early in the morning and jump in the shower like a normal person. Well almost a normal person with all my lay downs and rest and pacing throughout the day. :p. Yet, my energy is so much better than it was.

Today, I drove our littlest daughter an hour to a doctor's appointment. Waited an hour for the doctor. Saw the nurse practitioner and then the doctor. Waited 30 minutes at the lab. She had lab work. Then drove the hour home. Had lunch. Our son passed his driving test today. Yikes. I then took him to get his picture for his license and waited an hour in line. I hate the DMV, but with moving from leg to leg and resting against the wall for support, I didn't ask for a chair this time and I didn't go down from low pulse pressure. I came home and laid down for an hour (napped for 30 minutes of that). Figured I was done in for the rest of the day. And then my mind had energy to start thinking about how to begin tackling some of the piles in our bedroom. OMG - that's crazy talk. And then I started picking up some of the stuff, throwing some out, washing others, and sorting stuff. My room will take days at top energy to straighten out and of course other rooms and other things will take precedence first. But it's not seeming like it's an impossible feat anymore. If only this energy would last.

I am a decade behind on so many things that I wish could have done, but with zero energy much of the time they didn't. If this energy stays, I might be able to catch-up on the house in a few months. On the odd moments when my body generated a little energy, that energy went towards doing the necessities - like feeding the kids and doctors appointments and meeting with teachers. Beyond that, much didn't happen. Then there were the years of severe memory loss and the months of headaches where even the necessities were left to others.

One of the major items that has changed since grapefruit is there has been no more driving through the fast food restaurants. When I'm at my lowest (which until recently was daily), I'd drive through fast food restaurants and get take home dinners (often when the kids were getting home from school knowing I'd soon be crawling into bed an hour before dinner). Delivery was the only option when I couldn't go out. Drive through saved the energy when I couldn't waste a drop of energy on an extra trip walking inside a restaurant. I'd say drive thru restaurants plus pizza delivered to the house generally totaled 5 nights a week. Panera's, Chik-fil-a, pizza, etc.... was our norm for dinner. That's all changed since grapefruit. I haven't ordered pizza or been through a drive thru since starting grapefruit. I'm not opening cookbooks or anything that far along, but everyday there is a meat, a vegie, rolls, etc... on the table at dinner time that I am putting there. Before ubiquinol, I wasn't even making it down to dinner. Now I have the energy to pop over to the grocery store if we are missing one item for dinner. That would have just been a waste of energy in the past.

There could be a compounding to the extra energy. The ubiquinol by itself that started months ago helped me to get back up to be with the family for dinner and do a load of dishes in the evening. Grapefruit added in has made it so much better than that. Stopping the fast food for dinner has to improve health. Adding in the fact that I can do exercise (walking) without it making my health worse from doing that exercise right now - that has to be helping too.

I've also noticed I'm starting to have energy to train the family members. For example, when I had no energy (except for a little in the morning), all dishes were piled in the sink until I did the morning dishes. Now I run the dishwasher two or three times during the day. I flip the sign on the dishwasher from "clean" to "dirty" dishes because I have the energy to empty it right away when clean. Before it always stayed on "clean" because once the dishwasher ran, we used dishes right from the dishwasher most days. When the "dirty" sign is on the dishwasher, I am now expecting all kids and my husband to clean off their plates and put them in the dishwasher (not in the sink). This has been taking a few days of follow through with the kids and hubby. :bang-head:. But the thing is I now have the energy to address and teach and follow through in a constructive way. In the past, I just let them put their dirty dishes in the sink because confronting them or training them would have taken energy I didn't have.

The other night my husband got home late from work (7:00 p.m.) and I had just gone up to bed and I had left the chicken and carrots out on the sink for him to serve himself. Yep, at 7:00 p.m. I was too tired to come down and chat with him. Something a normal person with energy would have done. But then again, the fact that I was up until then is great progress. When he was done serving himself I presumed he'd put it away in the refrigerator. Nope. When I got up in the morning, they were still out on the counter and needed to be thrown away. So I nicely pointed out that on such occasions I expect him to put the food into the refrigerator. He wasn't trying to be lazy. He just never thinks of such things. One, because I've never trained him too. I don't want to be the harping mom or wife who is all over everyone. That's not who I am. But the kids and hubby do want direction and I'm now in a position to be awake, get my point across, and teach. Therefore, the house is functioning better on that level too. There is a long way to go - but it's improving.

The new found energy is impacting so many things. I'm doing my best to not let the "I wish things would have been different earlier" into my thoughts. That's so destructive. There is still the fear that this new found energy is just a tease and that it might not stay. I guess that's a destructive thought too. OK, only happy thoughts. Rose colored glasses on. :cool:

BeautifulDay

@BeautifulDay - this is amazing, I am so happy for you! I am going to buy some grapefruit juice and/or fruit and see what happens.

It's a little unclear - do you take 300 mg. Ubiquinol both with breakfast and with lunch, for a total of 600 mg a day?

Thanks so much for posting all this! :):thumbsup:

My prescription is for 300 mg of ubiquinol twice a day for a total of 600 mg.

BeautifulDay

@BeautifulDay

For example, Chromosome Position, Var Type, Ref Seq, Var Seq, Gene, Gene Component, Protein Impact, Allele Freq, ...

M 13708 13708 SNP (x1) G A MT-ND5 CDS MISSENSE A-458-T 6.92 no Leber's optic atrophy(Likely pathogenic)

M 15452 15452 SNP (x1) C A MT-CYB CDS MISSENSE L-236-I 9.37 no Neoplasm of ovary(Likely pathogenic

SNP x1 C/A 15,452 - -9.37% no no view Barn #1 dbSNP NOvel

Missense in 1 transcript Likely pathogenic

22 42524947 42524947 SNP (x1) C T rs3892097 NDUFA6-AS1;CYP2D6 INTRON;ACCEPTOR DISRUPT 11.01 Yes (3.3) Debrisoquine; poor metabolism of(Drug response)

22 42526694 42526694 SNP (x1) G A rs1065852 NDUFA6-AS1;CYP2D6 INTRON;CDS MISSENSE P-34-S 20.43 Yes (3.4) Debrisoquine; poor metabolism of(Drug response)

so looks like the NDUFA6 are not pathogenic...just flagged for drug response.

Hi @aquariusgirl !

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Let's see.

Is the 6.92, 9.37, 11.01, 20.43 the allele percents? If so, then these are fairly common and highly unlikely to be the major cause of debilitating fatigue. It could be that these coupled with other things could be the issue - yet, I'd start with the low hanging fruit first. Can you filter your results down to those that are in less than 1% of the population?

cb2

Any suggestions.. have been trying the 1/2 a grapfruit, the red on the inside verison..and the coq10 300 and I believe the grapefruit seems to be causing some stomach upset//burining. this is curious to me since isn't grapefruit supposed to be alkalizing? any suggestions on getting both the grapefruit and coq10 or ubiq without the burn? thanks :)

BeautifulDay

Any suggestions.. have been trying the 1/2 a grapfruit, the red on the inside verison..and the coq10 300 and I believe the grapefruit seems to be causing some stomach upset//burining. this is curious to me since isn't grapefruit supposed to be alkalizing? any suggestions on getting both the grapefruit and coq10 or ubiq without the burn? thanks :)

I have read a few articles that some people can eat citrus fruit and have it trigger any of the following: heartburn, IBS, stomach ulcers, and gastritis. Other people can have a citrus intolerance or allergy. If that's the case, I'm not sure what can be done. With grapefruit having several ingredients, I presume the pharmaceutical companies are (or will) get these individual ingredients each into a powdered form that then can bypass the troubled area. I don't know of any right now on the market - but if anyone does, please chime in.

The grapefruit was created by crossing the orange and the pomelo. Since the orange doesn't have this power over CoQ10, it may come from the pomelo. You might try a pomelo instead to see how it impacts you. You might also try eating the grapefruit an hour after a milky or fatty meal.

BeautifulDay

Hi,

Thank-you for sharing this valuable information! Can you share what's in MitoMix? Thanks!

You'll probably hear Mito Cocktail more often than Mito Mix. Our family's compounding pharmacy prescriptions were initially delivered to the house on ice with stickers on the bottles that said Mito Mix - so that's the term we use in our house.

Mito Action describes the Mito Cocktail as such: ""Mito Cocktail" is the name given to a variety of vitamins and supplements which are commonly used by adults and children who have been diagnosed with mitochondrial disease. While there is no cure for mitochondrial disease, many types of the disease including mitochondrial myopathy, mitochondrial cytopathy, MELAS, PDCD, or Complex I, II, III, and IV are responsive to specific vitamin and supplement therapies. Please, consult with your physician before beginning or altering any medication, vitamin or supplement regimen." http://www.mitoaction.org/blog/mito-cocktail

In attending the Mitochondrial Disease conferences, what doctors used to prescribe in the Mito Cocktail has really been limited now. I have a post somewhere on PR with the changes that Mito docs have made to their average Mito Cocktail prescription over the years. They used to prescribe anything that might help. Now they limit it to what they have found really does help. It was costing patients an arm and a leg and was exhausting trying to keep up with all the pills and the regiment. They've made it much simpler and now only include the items that are thought to and then found to help the patient.

My teen daughter's Mito Mix right now is a bottle of Ubiquinol 208 mg combined with riboflavin 50 mg with bubble gum flavoring that arrives at her college on ice every two weeks. She takes two of these a day for a total of 416 mg Ubiquinol and 100 mg of riboflavin. My Ubiquinol is higher at 300 mg twice a day (for a total of 600 mg a day).

The riboflavin isn't expensive so it doesn't matter much if that's in it or not since we can buy supplements for a few dollars a month. While I have found some CoQ10 supplements that give me an energy boost, whatever source the pharmacy provides gives me more energy. In addition, to the quality of the ubiquinol from the compounding pharmacy, it's also a necessity that our medical insurance prescription plan covers it. Every few months the insurance company tries to kick us off stating that they don't cover supplements for age or beauty or cosmetics reasons. Then the doctor writes a note and it's covered again. It's like the insurance company has this little game going.

The compounding pharmacy is paid by our medical insurance company $720 for our teen daughter's monthly prescription and $1118 for my monthly prescription. Our portion under our insurance is $30 each. We would never be able to afford it without our insurance company paying for it.

Article on financial assistance for mito cocktail
http://www.mitoaction.org/blog/financial-assistance-mito-cocktail

Not every insurance company and not every state requires the Mito Cocktail to be covered in the United States. Here is an article where a young girl with Mitochondrial Disease shared "her story at the Massachusetts State House while fighting for insurance coverage of the Mito cocktail, a battle that continues. “It was an opportunity to make a real difference in helping people access this valuable treatment,” she said.
http://www.mitoaction.org/introducing-mitoaction-board

BeautifulDay

Muscle spasticity and also weakness are common in our family's calves (and elsewhere in the body). The higher the energy demand area (stomach muscles, heart, brain, eyes, muscles farther away from the body center, etc...) will generally have more symptoms than elsewhere. In addition overuse of any muscle will result in mito energy depletion more quickly and can result in symptoms coming on.

For example, our teen daughter was a singer. Annie is Annie, Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, ..... Without realizing the mito issue in the family, her overuse brought on vocal cord and diaphragm paresis that then resulted in severe lung infections regular hospital visits. The doctors early on kept telling us since she had weakness in these areas, she needed to exercise them more. With her vocal coach being an opera singer, how much more of a workout could she have gotten? What the doctors were telling was completely the wrong course since they didn't know about the mito at the time. With giving up singing and choir and attacking all coughs and flem immediately, she has not been in the hospital this year for anything lung or throat related. Knowing how to react has changed the pattern of monthly lung infections and multiple yearly hospital visits. Hooray!

Our littlest daughter was in gymnastics. She was on the pre-team. However, she started developing foot drop and had to give it up. The more we seem to use a muscle the more spasticity we see. On the flip side, we also see more weakness too when we overuse.

All of us in our family with the mito issue have really tight calves. We often have to stretch on the steps with a heel drop. Our littlest one gets calve pain (charlie horses) often where she uses a heating pad and ibuprofin.

Today, in walking at 3.1 mpg, I had severe spastic cramping in my left calf. An indication that even with the ubiquinol with grapefruit, I'm increasing the exercise (walking) too quickly.

I found this article from the Journal of Neurology interesting on "Movement Disorders in Mitochondrial Disease" interesting.

"Mitochondrial disease presents with a wide spectrum of clinical manifestations that may appear at any age and cause multisystem dysfunction. A broad spectrum of movement disorders can manifest in mitochondrial diseases including ataxia, Parkinsonism, myoclonus, dystonia, choreoathetosis, spasticity, tremor, tic disorders and restless legs syndrome. There is marked heterogeneity of movement disorder phenotypes, even in patients with the same genetic mutation. Moreover, the advent of new technologies, such as next-generation sequencing, is likely to identify novel causative genes, expand the phenotype of known disease genes and improve the genetic diagnosis in these patients. Identification of the underlying genetic basis of the movement disorder is also a crucial step to allow for targeted therapies to be implemented as well as provide the basis for a better understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of the disease process. The aim of this review is to discuss the spectrum of movement disorders associated with mitochondrial disease."

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00415-017-8722-6

BeautifulDay

With the new energy I've been feeling lately, I felt like I've lost a few pounds. I hadn't been on the scale since last summer when I tried to lose weight for my step daughter's wedding and then I had a resulting mito crash. Today I was shocked to find out how heavy I really am. Today my increased energy is making me face the fact that I'm really really fat.

At 40 years old, I was 5'2" and 102-110 pounds skinny. Back then I had severe bouts of fatigue (days, months, years). In being fat, I can't say that my lowest energy bouts as a fat woman are any worse than they were when I was thin and younger. There will be those who think that just because one is fat that the fatigue is due to carrying the extra weight. Nope. I've been thin and had the severe fatigue too. But now I'm 50 years old and as of today I'm 177 pounds. Yikes.

I've always had the body shape of gaining weight in my thighs, but always been very thin from the waist up. That was until my 40's. Then at 40 years old, my doctor tested my hormone levels and said I was in permimenopause. That's when the weight started building up on my stomach. The combination of mito plus perimenopause. Fun. Luckily, every year my menses last for a shorter period of time (right now it's one day a month). I figure it will just disappear one day. So compared with other women, my perimenopause has been very extended (a decade) and added weight around my middle, but I don't get hot flashes or anything like that.

So anyway, I'm not trying on purpose to eat less or lose weight, but on the grapefruit and ubiquinol I believe I might be losing weight. My clothes are fitting a little looser this week and our littlest one made a comment about me looking thinner. If I did lose weight, OMG what was I weighing two weeks ago? If I gain or lose due to the combination grapefruit and ubiquinol (or it's influence on more movement or eating better from having energy to eat better), then I'll post that loss (or gain) here.

aquariusgirl

Ok, so when I run Enlis ..looking for alleles that are pathogenic with less than 1% frequency, I get these hits, none of which are very helpful and all of which are quite depressing. I've got to say I thought I was in bad shape but looking through the pathogenic debris in my DNA makes me realise how many other things could go wrong.

:
IDUA
This gene encodes an enzyme that hydrolyzes the terminal alpha-L-iduronic acid residues of two glycosaminoglycans, dermatan sulfate and heparan sulfate. This hydrolysis is required for the lysosomal degradation of these glycosaminoglycans. Mutations in this gene that result in enzymatic deficiency lead to the autosomal recessive disease mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS I).

SHH SOnic Hedgehog.

CHST3 CArbohydrate Chondroitin Sulfotransferase 3 associated with some bone dysplasia

BEST 1 Bestrophin 1
his gene encodes a member of the bestrophin gene family. This small gene family is characterized by proteins with a highly conserved N-terminus with four to six transmembrane domains. Bestrophins may form chloride ion channels or may regulate voltage-gated L-type calcium-ion channels. Bestrophins are generally believed to form calcium-activated chloride-ion channels in epithelial cells but they have also been shown to be highly permeable to bicarbonate ion transport in retinal tissue. Mutations in this gene are responsible for juvenile-onset vitelliform macular dystrophy (VMD2), also known as Best macular dystrophy, in addition to adult-onset vitelliform macular dystrophy (AVMD) and other retinopathies. Alternative splicing results in multiple variants encoding distinct isoforms.

KRT 14 Keratin 14, type1
his gene encodes a member of the keratin family, the most diverse group of intermediate filaments. This gene product, a type I keratin, is usually found as a heterotetramer with two keratin 5 molecules, a type II keratin. Together they form the cytoskeleton of epithelial cells. Mutations in the genes for these keratins are associated with epidermolysis bullosa simplex. At least one pseudogene has been identified at 17p12-p11.

BCAM
Basal Cell Adhesion Molecule Lutheran
This gene encodes Lutheran blood group glycoprotein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and a receptor for the extracellular matrix protein, laminin. The protein contains five extracellular immunoglobulin domains, a single transmembrane domain, and a short C-terminal cytoplasmic tail. This protein may play a role in epithelial cell cancer and in vaso-occlusion of red blood cells in sickle cell disease. Polymorphisms in this gene define some of the antigens in the Lutheran system and also the Auberger system. Inactivating variants of this gene result in the recessive Lutheran null phenotype, Lu(a-b-), of the Lutheran blood group. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.

Also, there was a pseudogene on chromosome 16... no more info

Jesse2233

upload_2018-2-24_22-54-26.png

In the name of science!

BeautifulDay

Caffeine (coffee) and grapefruit.

I have always been impacted by caffeine in fairly small doses. Yet, in small doses (via coffee low in caffeine) it makes me regular (daily). I can’t tell you how important that is in a person who can go a week with constipation. My muscles in my stomach don’t work well, so my colon now is very long and takes many loops and has 360 degree turns (think of a roller coaster that goes straight up and then down). So finding something that keeps me regular is fabulous.

In addition to the coffee helping to keep me regular, the caffeine also helps with alertness and with my memory. On the flip side, slightly going past the right dose brings on hypoglycemia. Once my blood sugar dives down into the 60’s, it’s very hard to get it back into a normal zone and it brings on other issues in my body. So it’s best for me to avoid hypoglycemia. Too much coffee also makes me jittery.

Therefore, my coffee dose was perfected at three light cups a day spaced throughout the day (avoiding the caffeine heavy brands). I then dropped it to two cups when I started getting jittery with the ubiquinol/grapefruit combination.
I had been thinking it was the increased absorption of ubiquinol that was causing this issue. But, it actually might be the naringin in the grapefruit. Since grapefruit decreases the rate at which taking some medications clear out of the blood stream, grapefruit might be doing this to my coffee (making the caffeine stick around longer). The studies seem to go both ways and are small and tend to be focused on people who have normal metabolism of coffee and normal reactions to it. Therefore, it's important that anyone whose body treats coffee like a medicine (like mine does) requiring just the perfect dose -- that you tweak your coffee consumption and listen to your body as you add grapefruit to your diet.

Yesterday, I ran into a hypoglycemia crash in the morning. The energy came back in the afternoon, which was nice. Today, I’m going to reduce my coffee even further. I need to find my perfect dose again (while taking grapefruit) so that it can continue to aid in making me regular, while not bringing on hypoglycemia and the jitters.

BeautifulDay

Ok, so when I run Enlis ..looking for alleles that are pathogenic with less than 1% frequency, I get these hits, none of which are very helpful and all of which are quite depressing. I've got to say I thought I was in bad shape but looking through the pathogenic debris in my DNA makes me realise how many other things could go wrong. .......

Good morning @aquariusgirl

There are a few things to keep in mind when peaking into one's own genes.
1) Presume most mutations (variants) don't cause any issues.
2) Presume the pathogenic and deleterious mutations are wrong (or that there is more to it) before you start worrying.

Each mutation needs to be given the time to be researched and analyzed on its own. There is no quick path. Having a pathogenic mutation on any of the above genes more likely than not will mean it's something benign or is a recessive mutation requiring two mutations (homozygous). The initial moniker of pathogenic is really just a first step in analysis. Every person in the world has many pathogenic mutations that might occur in less than 1% of the population (rare). Most of those mutations have no impact. So finding Enlis calling something pathogenic or deleterious is just the beginning of narrowing down the list.

Can you send me the screen shot from Enlis for "Clinical significance" of "Pathogenic" and "Allele Frequency" of <1%)? Crop it so that we just see the rows of information. The important information is in the details.

Another good sort within Enlis is for "Chromosome Location" "M", Allele Frequency of <1%, and near pathogenic variant within 20bp.

A third filtering that provides a quick short list to examine is Allele Freq <1%, Predicted Deleterious (only highest 3rd).

This is just a starting point. Things will come up as mutations (variants). But that's just the beginning. Then it's a matter of diving into the mutations and analyzing if they really are important.

For example, I have two heterozygous mutations that every medical computer system surmises should make me an albino. However, I have dark brown hair and eyes, etc.... Nobody in my family has albinism. That issue doesn't fit, so I check that one off the list.

cb2

I tried grape fruit juice, ocean spray red with the coq10d and didn't have any stomach upset. Ya! I suspect the concentration of grapefruit juice is low & sugar content is kind of high on this one. its a starting point and I'll keep experimenting I have some real grape fruit, I'll try to eat one of those this afternoon after a big meal and see if my stomach can tolerate that..

I am going to try to get caught up with your thread later today or tomorrow, thanks.

cb2

ok 2 times today successful at eating the grapefruit without stomach upset.. and adding the coq10! yay!

yesterday was my birthday, so i "pushed" myself and went out on a bike ride, a bit too far. hopefully I will bounce back to a better baseline tomorrow with the grapefruit and c0q10 helping!

@BeautifulDay you have lots of good focus i am impressed by your mental stamina ! thank you

BeautifulDay

I'm trying to figure out a quick way to keep track of my daily energy level (improvement/decline). I put together a quick form I could fill out at the end of the day (or the next morning) to keep track.

What was accomplished today? (dishes, appointments, shopping, cleaning, work.....)
Was there anything that was accomplished today that hasn't been done in months (or years)?
How much time was spent in bed or laying down?
How would you describe the worst malaise of the day and how long did it last for?
Anything else to report?

What I am finding is that I am accomplishing more than I have in a long time. I haven't had another day like the day I cleaned our littlest one's bedroom, but there are things I am tackling that I haven't in ages.

For example, when there is very limited energy and everything is painful, dealing with old baggage or emotionally trying issues is not going to happen. Years ago when I had a business, there was a teenage employee that had a severe drug problem and I had to fire her. I cried, she cried, ...... She sent me a note via Facebook 6 months ago. I didn't open it. I never go onto Facebook, unless it's for research etc.... That's not how I keep in touch with family or friends. I find it too exhausting. In being on Facebook researching a company, I saw her old note still unopened. I opened it for the first time. It was a beautiful note about how she is now finishing up college and how being fired was the worst thing that could have happened to her at the time, yet it led her to treatment and being clean for years. She apologized for all the lies and issues while working for me and thanked me for everything and offered to apologize in person. I haven't yet figured out how to respond. That will take some energy to assess and then follow through.

The change is that I had the energy to tackle opening this note. When there is only so much energy, emotional energy is very zapping. This could have been a good note or a note from a druggie. I'm so very happy it was positive. When opening the note, I had enough energy to spare in that moment to invest in it no matter if it was good or bad. That doesn't mean I have the energy to tackle everything. But this is surely another sign of progress.

andyguitar

Great thread this,and some fantastic and very complex input from members. I have been looking at the enzyme that grapefruit inhibits and wonder if it is the inhibition of it that is having the theraputic effect. It's CYP3A4. If any of you want to have a look at what it does stick it in your search engine.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
The change is that I had the energy to tackle opening this note. When there is only so much energy, emotional energy is very zapping. This could have been a good note or a note from a druggie. I'm so very happy it was positive. When opening the note, I had enough energy to spare in that moment to invest in it no matter if it was good or bad. That doesn't mean I have the energy to tackle everything.
I know exactly what you mean here, i have the same issue and have had a lot of problems trying to explain it or understand it :bang-head:
Glad it working out for you though, i don't have any suggestions on how to track it, though i have found that tracking may not be a useful exercise, but maybe a quick synopsis might be useful, a sentence or two on how you felt and what you accomplished since you will know later how it compares from then to now