• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Conley Flint Michigan

Lipac

Please, any advice on providers?
I tried two" functional medicine" Drs since Oct, and both were weird... Just wanted amalgams removed, no scripts, etc

I called Dr Conley's office out of desperation. I see a thread where no one had a good experience. I've been to those kind of places.

I simply can't find a PCP. Someone for refills and basic labs twice a year is FINE.

I haven't lived in MI for thirty years, my past medical records aren't very detailed, and the 4-5 Drs I've seen here put that I'm drug seeking with psych problems. One Dr started it, probably from something by brother said, and it's snowballed. There's NOTHING like that on past records.

I'm not on narcotics, just FM and sleep med and hormones.

I not asking for viral tests, treatments etc like I had out west.
Just things to sleep so I am not housebound.

CFS specifically is not on any records from out west. No one reads them anyway, and the clinics are closed now.

I spent so much trying to live, and on private clinics or west, I am not able, financially or physically to return.

ANY advice?

What's the news on U of Toledo?
I saw one person mention it, but it's not on any searches.

Dr Diane Culik at ABC Wellness would be fine if thats all you were looking for. She's an integrative MD, very holistic, open minded, listens to what you have to say, and is cheaper than someone like Dr Conley. I dont know if or what insurance she accepts.

Lipac

Dr Diane Culik at ABC Wellness would be fine if thats all you were looking for. She's an integrative MD, very holistic, open minded, listens to what you have to say, and is cheaper than someone like Dr Conley. I dont know if or what insurance she accepts.

The problem with Michigan is everyone treats me like a drug seeking patient.
I've not been treated that way and my pharmacy record doesn't bear that out.

I've contact 2 functional medicine Drs in MI. They will see me for pricey supplements which I do, and alternative medicine which I've done.
No one will touch a clonazepam refill.

I just don't understand Michigan.
Every my Naturopaths in CA had no problem with Clonazepam.

Thank you. I'll see.
Bourne clinic in GR was a complete waste of time.