• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klimas' Study?

heard her somewhere at a conference or in an interview, saying she was trying something new, starting in dec 2017.

Murph

:)
she talks about it here. it's in gulf war illness but its promising! (this is not an update, sorry, just the original announcement you probably refer to)

Last edited:

perrier

she talks about it here. it's in gulf war illness but its promising! (this is not an update, sorry, just the original announcement you probably refer to)

Thanks so much for posting this. Does anyone know what she is using to reboot the immune system?

Can someone explain how the treatment for Gulf war could help ME? She says there in the video that in gulf war everything is unregulated, and in ME down regulated, no communication in the pathways--even though they two conditions present similarly. What is she treating with? What did she use in the mouse models? How come we know nothing about this?

perrier

I don’t know how to use tag system. If someone can tag this to Jaime pls do.

As you Jaime work with Dr Davis, would you be able to find out what meds Dr Klimas is using for her study. She said in interviews it was to start in December on gulf war veterans, but she also said it was applicable to ME. She spoked of repurposed drugs. But which ones? I’m sure your group Jaime must know what Dr Klimas is doing. Thanks.

Waiting as life slips by is not for the faint of heart.

AdamS

Not sure about the results, but it seems that there were 22 clinical trials for Gulf War Illness, from what Klimas says, the problem with CFS is funding for the subgrouping part, they've got the funding for the computational modelling etc:

Gulf War Illness, that has $40 million a year funding, and we’re much further along. We’ve had 22 clinical trials, we’ve had all this work done and it’s been fantastically aggressive and supported by a decent funding track and an innovative way of thinking about funding.

There are tons of amazing insights in the interview, I found the parts about computational modelling of disease and subsquent drug repurposing particularly interesting. Full interview below for those who haven't already read it:

FULL INTERVIEW:
https://www.cfs-me-network.com/2017/09/13/interview-nancy-klimas-cfs/